Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Sticker? or….
  • big_scot_nanny

Why does this happen every year before passportes? 2 years ago my back went, last year my carbon stumpy frame snapped, and this year:

thats not going to last 4 days of uplift action is it?

2 year old Roval Traverse rims. I think I know when I did it, there’s another big dent/flatspot at another point in the rim, I even know the root i did it on. Twice. Remember the ‘PLANG!’ noise.

Stans Flow wheels ordered, but I don’t think they’ll get to me in time. Arsebiscuits.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Eep. At least you noticed it before you hit the Alps.

jamj1974

What size wheels?

big_scot_nanny

Yup, deffo better to notice now, but why-oh-why does it always have to happen literlly just before a big trip?

jam – 29″

CRC reporting wheels have been dispatched, please all send your positive thoughts to the DHL couriers to bring them safely to me before Wedensday evening 🙂

scaled
    Free Member

Why not just take it down to your LBS and get them to whack a new rim on the hub?

I was sat outside Northwest mountain bikes one saturday morning waiting for them to open. Legeneds that they are they had a new rim on my wheel within 35 mins of opening and made it up to Gisburn for a PMBA enduro round 😀

jamj1974

Sorry chap. Could have lent you a set of 26″ Flows on Hope.

big_scot_nanny

jam – your a star, cheers anyhoo

Scaled – Everything’s shut here on a Monday – there is a chance they might be able to help tomorrow, but risky…

Just out of interest – how long does the hive mind think the currnet rim would last?

Its cracked from the edge to the mid point of the rim on one side, is also a bit flat there, and appears clean through the outer wall, thought the tubeless seal is holding so inner must be OK.

weeksy

Where are you ? I’ve got 29er wheels you can borrow.

big_scot_nanny

Weeksy, that’s tremendous, thanks for the generosity. This post was not written asking for help, so its a nice surprise to have the offers.

Good news is that LBS got back to me on his day off – at a minimum I’ll have a loan of the rear off his demo camber, but hopefully can get things replaced in time.

So – just generally a really rather good outcome 🙂

treklee
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of rovals sat in the loft if your local to Worcestershire you can borrow them

dannybgoode

As an aside its the perfect excuse to learn to build your own wheels. Get Roger Musson’s ebook on the subject and you’ll be good to go.

If I can do it anyone can and its immensely satisfying…

twistedpencil

Scaled i think I was in there that same morning as they were also doing a last minute fix to my lads bmx… Andy is working his magic for me this week ahead of the mega 🙂

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Hhmm 29er you say ….. karma? (Just joking pleased it looks sorted out to not mess up your plans)

andy4d

Well I get an ad for bike stickers when I opened this thread……so I guess the bike gods are telling you something. 😆

But on a serious note, what a pi$$er

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If I can do it anyone can and its immensely satisfying…

I’ll dispute that…. Just a massive pain with any guide for me the only job I won’t do….

big_scot_nanny

Update on the delivery – the cassette I ordered with the wheels arrived in 17hrs, not bad at all. Unfortunately the wheels are still somewhere in delivery land 😆

thank you LBS for the backup.

Danny – Wheelbuilding is not a bad idea, something I have never tried, and having a spare might not be too stupid. Mike – I’ll let you know how it goes 🙂

big_scot_nanny

Wheels arrived! Whoop!

Thank you gorgeous people for the offer of a spare, what a fabulous wonderful community you are.

now, what else is going to go wrong… Nooooooo!!! 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

Wheelbuilding is not a bad idea, something I have never tried, and having a spare might not be too stupid.

A rim swap is actually much easier than a wheel build. Tape the new rim to the old rim with the valve holes lined up then move the spokes over one at a time. Works well as long as the rims are a pretty similar size. You can always get your LBS to do the final true if you can’t get it right

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Sticker? or….’ is closed to new replies.