Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Stick with the 2010 Domains or buy 2006 Monster T Junior?
  • flowerman
    Free Member

Hey

I have a 2003 Kona stinky with some 2010 160mm 318 Rockshox Domains. I only really use it for downhill, Rogate, Aston Hill, UK Bike Park etc. I bought the bike with these forks (didn’t have much money at the time) but am thinking about a change of fork as I have found, compared to other mates bikes they are good over big hits and jumps but they are useless over any fast chattery stuff. Therefore I am looking for some 160-180mm light downhill forks for under about £300. Any recommendations? I know some are probably wondering why I am even looking at new forks for such an old bike, but I have ended up falling in love with it. The T Juniors seem like a good change but am also considering a Lyrik or Totem…

Cheers for reading. Any help appreciated.

Henry

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Junior t is a crap fork. Flexy and probably all very shagged by now.

flowerman
    Free Member

Cheers. Has anyone used the domain shin stack mod? Does it make any notisable difference?

tthew

Have the Domains ever been serviced? The lowers are really easy to do, you can find loads of instruction sheets on the internet. This made a massive difference to some, (probably unloved by a previous owner) RockShox I have on a second hand Kona.

flowerman
    Free Member

No it hasn’t really been serviced properly for about 6 months when I changed the seals and lowers oil.

tthew

Ah OK, so did that make any difference or have you always had the same problem? It may be worth doing/having the spring and damper serviced, (dead easy if it’s a coil spring, little harder for air, sorry I’m not familiar with what the 318 Domains have in them).

What I’m saying is that the forks you have should be fairly decent, there may be a maintenance reason for them not working too well. I’m with mikewsmith in thinking that buying some even older forks will likely be a waste of money.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Also for the nails in the jnr t coffin. The set I had (170mm) were about the dame as my 150 bombers and fox 36s. If your not staying with the rs have a look at 66s etc.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Stick with the 2010 Domains or buy 2006 Monster T Junior?’ is closed to new replies.