Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • stick with stumpy or sell and build…..
  • oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

I have a 2010 stumpjumper elite first of the 140mm travel SJ’s. triad on the back, not brain.

Ive made it 2×9 (need a chain-guide or clutch mech now) Didnt get on with the talas 140, so swapped for a coil converted RS revelation with 20mm maxle.
    9mm axle on the back, dropper post, stans flows tubeless with proper tyres have made it pretty good for the riding I do…

Riding is a mix of agressive xc/all mountain, with the odd uplift and big mountain day thrown in. typical ride would be 10 miles round the interesting parts of delemere, or cannock/llandegla, but I’ve also recently donned my full face for trips to one giant leap and a ride down snowdon.

The frame has laquer peel, so I’m either going to try and find an RP23 off a SJ evo and effectively change it into a SJ evo already having the 150mm on the front, while its in bits have the frame powdercoated to tidy it up. getting hold of a RP23 with the right link on is the issue…

Option 2 would be put it back to standard and sell it…. bar cranks and frame I have a second bike with all the upgrades. plan then would be a second hand Enduro frame circa 2009 (you can put proper rear shocks on these much more easily than with the silly link on the stumpjumper).

What do you lot think? 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Use a slackening headset or offset shock bushings to knock a degree or two off the head angle without havign to bother sourcing another shock?

oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

Use a slackening headset or offset shock bushings to knock a degree or two off the head angle without havign to bother sourcing another shock?

any more info on this/anyone done similar?

mdavids
    Free Member

If you get a RP23 of the correct length, Loco tuning can use it to convert your triad shock by taking the stanchion from the triad and swapping it over.
    Been thinking of doing it myself after my triad blew its guts for the third time but I’ve had the bike 3 years and I’m starting to think about new frames.

Skyliner
    Free Member

Option3: Are you the original owner? I too had laquer peel and an STW’er on here (think it was stumpy01) told me he had his frame replaced under warranty because of this. I went back to lbs and within a week had a brand new frame! You never know they may replace it with an EVO which will be more up your street!

oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

unfortunately i’m the second owner 🙁

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘stick with stumpy or sell and build…..’ is closed to new replies.