Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Stick or twist?
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Just wondering,should I upgrade/repair my 4 year old Carrera BansheeX.Or perhaps move onto something bigger and better?It has been a good,fast and reliable bike.However,it now needs a new rear shock,cassette and tyre.I,ve got a few bob,so should I cut my losses and move on?Cheers for any advice.

labsey
    Free Member

I’d stick. Buy the new parts and spend the rest on a new lid or something.

gfletch
    Free Member

ive just been in same situation, had 6yr old giant anthem, last yr replaced bb, pivot bearings, and headset, this yr replaced chain & cassette, then shifters, forks, rear shock, & brakes needed attention, so decided to sell and upgrade, depends if your happy with what youve got, or put money to something new

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.I,m pretty happy with what i,ve got(except for the bits that need replacing).On the other hand i,ve never owned an expensive bike.So don’t really know what I am missing.I accept my bike is a bit overweight and doesn’t exactly have the perfect geometry. But if I get a high end bike will I really notice any difference? I,ve thought about a trade-in but non of the shops round here do that sort of thing.Main worry is am I throwing good money after bad.Monkeys.

gfletch
    Free Member

yeah you will notice the difference if you get a higher spec bike, weight & handling will be better, all comes down to money,

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Strange,my mate preferred his old BansheeX to his next bike a Kona Coilair.I could really do without another bike on the property.Do you guys think i would be able to move on a Custom BansheeX.Trade in somewhere would be easiest. Perhaps i could move down to 120mm travel as well.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Guess you must be all mainly new bike buyers.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

As I,m northern with a beard perhaps i should buy a Marin.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Stick or twist?’ is closed to new replies.