Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Stick it to the man – for not saying something
  • seven
    Free Member

I don’t get this.

Nick Clegg gets hard time for not saying something

So he realised that it was not wise to call anti gay marriage people bigots so drops it from his speach, then get a hard time for saying.

not a big Clegg fan, but can’t stand the way our politics works,

Extracts released early by officials

[s]some tory scum bag[/s] just to cause a bit of anti gay uproar.

then again might have been his own team, so he could say it with out saying it.

The campaign group Coalition for Marriage, which opposes any change to the law, described the remarks as “intolerant”.

he **** didn’t say it you morons (but loving the irony)

grrr

Pook

I think you should be his speech writer.

Jamie
    Free Member

I think you should be his speech writer.

I think you should be his heckler.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Pook

project
    Free Member

So cleegy has a script writer, seems a bit like parents doing their kids home work.

Surely after a private education and a privelaged up bringing just surely he is able to string a few words together to form a speech.

druidh
    Free Member

FTFY 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

He was wrong

crikey
    Free Member

Shame he’s a Tory lickspittle…

seven
    Free Member

Wrong? I believe that anti gay people tend to be bigots (or hypocrites aka the church in all it’s forms), but to inflame them by calling a spade a spade ain’t going to help matters in this context

project
    Free Member

The sad and annoying thing is so much of the media is going to be tied up, by this speech by cleggy, it will be seen as a spoiler by us media savvy peple to distract attention from the Tuc confrence this week, and the Hillsborogh release of papers tommorow, that was a huge cover up by the conservative governmnet it may well appear.

Theere are more important things cleggy should be concentrating on, like work opportunities and rebuilding the construction trades, along with widescale new housing for rent.

Junkyard
    Free Member

The campaign group Coalition for Marriage, which opposes any change to the law, described the remarks as “intolerant”.

Wow so are they like saying intolerance is bad and not to be judgemental

You cannot make this stuff up.

Not sure it helps if Clegg calls them bigots* [they are] when he has to sit in cabinet with some of them though.

*Bigotry is the state of mind or attitude of a bigot, defined by Merriam-Webster as “a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially: one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance. Bigotry may be based on real or perceived characteristics, including age, disability, dissension from popular opinions, economic status, ethnicity, gender identity, language, nationality, personal habits, personal feelings, political alignment, race, region, culture, religious or spiritual belief, sex, species, or sexual orientation. Bigotry is sometimes developed into an ideology or world view

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Stick it to the man – for not saying something’ is closed to new replies.