• This topic has 24 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by will.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Stick it to the man!
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’ve just had a ticking off from a security guard at my local shopping center. I was pushing my bike through there as a short-cut rather than riding the main inner city ring road.

Admitedly there were no cycles signs on the doors, which I hadn’t noticed, but still!

I feel about 14 again, getting in bother with the law(of sorts) 🙂

meehaja
    Free Member

See the guy on the right on his fixie? Do that. In the shopping centre. that’ll learn em!

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

I was told of for rolling along a platform at the station with one foot on the pedal (you know what I mean)

He treated me like a small child trying to make me stop and listen to his rant…

The platform was empty and I thought the chap was a cock so ignored him, he ended up chasing me down the platform but could not keep up 🙂

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Bunch of Arse.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I’ve taken my bike for a walk round tescos, no one batted an eyelid. You need to work on your look of insouicance.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I was taking my exploded phone back to 02, so I wasn’t in the best of moods. I did swear at him though, which was wrong 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

I absolutely hate being told off by people. You can politely advise me that something is not allowed, but ffs don’t treat me like a child, or some kind of chav scumbag out to annoy you.

It’s horrible 🙁

CountZero

Insouciance. Good word. Write it down, somebody, make it word of the day. 😀

theflatboy
    Free Member

he’s lucky you didn’t do the move at 138 secs in this vid:

crazy twits

BigDummy
    Free Member

them waz disrespectin yoo innit? thass yor oomanrice wot ee iz dissin’ an ee waz so totally outaorrerr an all. stik it to em. Aye. 😈

coffeeking
    Free Member

**** me some peoples suspension works better than mine! Some of those stair jumps were huge, im fairly sure I’d have snapped my forks off had I landed on them, let alone shaken my teeth out!

theflatboy
    Free Member

word CK

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Went to Richmond Park Today.

Flew down the steep bits grinning like a tard and reached 32 MPH.

Had some woman in the passenger seat of a little blue car remind me very loudly that the limit is 20. She was thanked profusely and then overtaken!

😀 😀

theflatboy
    Free Member

she should know that breaking the speed limit on a bike is one of life’s finest pleasures, best captured when one manages to set off a speed camera 🙂

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

I’m hoping to get up to at least 40. Should be easier with the Singular Swift and fast rolling rubber…when I get it.

😈

BigDummy
    Free Member

40 is easy on a racer down the hill to Robin Hood going anti-clockwise. Long as the road’s clear.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Never done it on a racer.

Gives me the fear. 😯

ourmaninthenorth

I’m hoping to get up to at least 40

[will waving]
    Got slowed down to 50 on Sunday as I caught – but couldn’t safely pass – the car that had pulled out ahead of me on the descent into Holmfirth…
    [/willy waving]

Yep, speeding on a bike is one of life’s few and rare pleasures. Not to be done all the time, but often enough to feel aliiiiiiiive. 😀

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

50! Excellent!

What bike/tyres?

ourmaninthenorth

Road bike (Giant SCR)/Michelin Pro Race 2.

The descents in the Peaks mean that 50 isn’t an unusual speed to hit.

Fastest is 61 going down the Col de Menté in the French Pyrennees.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

I need more practice…

BigDummy
    Free Member

Hands just either side of stem, nose on stem cap, back flat. 🙂

ebygomm
    Free Member

In Nottingham the cycle maps show you the route through the shopping centre, but advises that you have to dismount. I don’t see what the problem is with pushing a bike through.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Never mind dark side speed contests check the crash in that vid @ 330 seconds 😕

will
    Free Member

50…i’d poo myself!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Stick it to the man!’ is closed to new replies.