Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Stiches, healing?
  • Pook

I’m having a mole removed and I’ve got to have 2 stitches. How long do they take to heal and does it hurt like ****? It’ll be right under my backpack

stratobiker
    Free Member

About a week. No.

dr_death
    Free Member

Depends where they are strato…. Stitches on your back should stay in longer as the skin takes longer to heal, and is under more tension, 10-14 days in my experience (also the reason they tend to use bigger stitches).

and no.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Took a couple of weeks for the skin on my shin to heal, mainly due to the fact that the stitches ripped out within hours of leaving A&E and I wasnt going back and waiting another 5 hours to have it re-done. I now have a half-inch-wide scar and the flesh under the scar errrr isnt anymore (skin>bone – makes a nice knocking noise when you tap it!). I’d advise not over-doing it after getting them done lol.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I had 2 removed from my chest. Sore, tender & bruised they were afterwards.

bear-uk
    Free Member

I hope they don’t take that long to dissolve. Just had the white part of my eye stitched up after I managed to clobber myself.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

2 moles on my back removed – hurt like shit – stitches fell out after a week

tink81
    Free Member

I had one removed from my booby, it took about 2 weeks to heal and did smart for a while!!… wasn’t helped by the wound coming apart a couple of days after the stiches were taken out 😯

BeveledEdge
    Free Member

Mine didn’t hurt at all, MTFU

markd
    Free Member

i had 18 staples in my shoulder holding a nice long scar together. heals bloody quickly.

you wont even notice 2 stitches.

emac65
    Free Member

It’s a normally a huge relief when you have stitches out because they usually pull the skin quite tight.I cut my wrist quite bad a few years back & when they put the stitches in it bruised all around the cut,felt so much better when they took them out

GTDave
    Free Member

I had 2 removed Wednesday evening. One on my back was shaved down, scraped out & cauterized. Another on my belly cut out & had 5 stitches.

Not a single sting or grumble from the back one, carrying the rucksack to work was fine the following morning.

Belly one was a different beast. Constant pulling / pinching ache that made me want to walk stooped the following day, eased up alot today though, but bruising coming out by the looks of it.

Back next Fri for stitches out. Worst thing was being told no physical exercise / riding for 2 weeks! Hey-ho.

dr_death
    Free Member

I hope they don’t take that long to dissolve. Just had the white part of my eye stitched up after I managed to clobber myself.

They’ll have used Vicryl Rapide stitches (probably); take 5-7 days to dissolve. They use non-disolving ones on backs.

It’s a normally a huge relief when you have stitches out because they usually pull the skin quite tight.

Only if they have been put in badly.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Stiches, healing?’ is closed to new replies.