Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 154 total)
  • Steven Gerrard – Thug?
  • nickc

Don't think it'll matter to lanesra that he was found innocent, I suspect he's already made up his mind.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I really dont give a fig about football but things like this

This is a genuine high profile news story

Really piss me off. It is not a high profile news story its only in the news becuase he is an over paid idiot who kicks a ball about. There are plenty of high profile new stories that get glossed over becuase of what this/that footballs have been doing in the last wekk or so.

trailmonkey

Just as well really. Imagine the whining self pity we'd have to endure if they had to play all/part of the season without him.

Jury's done us all a favour 😉

willard

And there was me thinking that footballers were supposed to be role models. I'm sorry, but verdict or not, role models (unless they are bad ones) do not do things like that. Under any circumstances.

Just another reason why they say that football is a game for gentlemen played by thugs I think

kimbers

i dont understand the verdict how can he not be in the wrong when he threw 3 punches (that he admitted to) as him and his 6 other mates beat up 1 guy

hes not just a thug hes a coward and a liar and its quite obvious his mates took the fall for him

therealhoops
    Free Member

how the **** did he get off with that!!!!! oh hang on…Liverpool Crown Court.

Anywhere else in the world and you would be guilty you scouse ****t.

How on Earth was that self defence!!!!! Be a man and admit you're a scouse ****t, you scouse ****t.

Karma monkeys are gonna break yer legs now!

rant over

monkeychild
    Free Member

Good old justice at it's best.

grumm
    Free Member

i dont understand the verdict

Even though you've obviously weighed up all the available evidence?

kimbers

a 'liverpool jury' is one biased toward the defendent so my copper mate tells me

julianwilson
    Free Member

is there such thing as an 'everton' jury too?

and legal folks, is there a civil case to be had on th part of the victim irrespective of criminal case's verdict?

(edit) I am really thinking of when oj got off murder but still lost his civil damages case to the family of the woman he definitely didn't murder…

Lanesra
    Free Member

There's a surprise 🙄

So now its ok to go out and get "7/10" drunk then hit someone a few times.

Feel sorry for the lad who was beaten up, where's his justice

alwyn
    Free Member

It’s nice to see the English justice system works.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Just another reason why they say that football is a game for gentlemen played by thugs I think

The rest of the generalisation is that rugby is a thugs game played by gentlemen. Care to comment on this gentlemanly activity?

Justin Harrison

Very surprised by the Gerrard verdict. But then I've only seen the CCTV footage and that's never going to tell the full story. It is a bit odd how all of his mates pleaded guilty though.

ransos
    Free Member

Gerrard is not guilty in the same way that Ken Dodd wasn't guilty of tax evasion…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

(mr MC posting).

Gerrard is a local hero – Im sure if he'd been a local pariah they wouldn't have held the trial there as his defence would have argued he couldn't get a fair trial.

All his mates (who couldnt afford such experienced counsel) pleaded guilty. He said the complainant came towards him so he hit him in self defence. A pre-emptive strike is allowed in self defence, but the force has to be reasonable. How were the second and third punches reasonable?

Junkyard
    Free Member

willard – Member
    And there was me thinking that footballers were supposed to be role models

And here was me thinking they were people who are good at football.
    Do you think Gerrard as child when asked why he wanted to play football said because I want to be a role model?
    Why does everyone "famous" have to be a role model?
    Surely he is someone who is just doing his job?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why does everyone "famous" have to be a role model?

Probably because they receive a very large amount of wealth and power.

"With great power comes great responsibility."

eldridge
    Free Member

The nation can be proud that the Liverpool Police pursued a case against the heroic captain of the Liverpool football team, prosecuted by the Liverpool branch of the Crown Prosecution Service in a Liverpool court before a Liverpool judge with a Liverpool jury and a baying crowds of thousands of Liverpool supporters outside the courtroom every day.

Justice must not also be done, it must be seen to be done in the eyes of Liverpool football supporters

kimbers

The nation can be proud that the Liverpool Police pursued a case against the heroic captain of the Liverpool football team, prosecuted by the Liverpool branch of the Crown Prosecution Service in a Liverpool court before a Liverpool judge with a Liverpool jury and a baying crowds of thousands of Liverpool supporters outside the courtroom every day.

yeah but there is another local team , some of em could have been tranmere fans

tankslapper
    Free Member

yeah but there is another local team , some of em could have been tranmere fans

or Everton?

pb2

Only in Liverpool could this happen, ditto Ken Dodd and in Duncan Ferguson's case on the two occasions he had his house broken into he battered one of the robbers and each time around the charges of assault were dropped.

Liverpool likes to think its a law unto its self and the Steve Gerrard case gives credence to this.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Liverpool – Ireland's third city 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

LOL at TSlapper

He went to court his peers found him innocent it is not exactly OJ now is it?
    The outcome is surprising but the judges summing up was

Gerrard admitted throwing three punches but said only one connected. He said he only swung at McGee because he thought he was about to be attacked himself.

"What at first sight to the casual observer may seem to have been a clear-cut case against you of unlawful violence, has been nowhere near as clear-cut upon careful analysis of the evidence," Globe[the judge] said.

The judge suggested it was unwise of Gerrard to approach McGee to resolve the earlier "trivial disagreement."

"You did not start the violence, it was started by the violent elbowing of Marcus McGee in the face by one of your friends, John Doran," Globe said. "The victim's consequential actions of reeling backwards and then forwards and your actions in response to that movement forward has to be seen against that background.

"At all times you insisted that you only ever acted in what you believed was reasonable self defence to what you understandably, albeit you accept mistakenly, believed was an attempted attack upon you by Marcus McGee."
    Surprising result but his peers have spoken

mrchrispy

i havent read the whole thred and it's probably been said already but he could have raped a bus full of nuns in frount of the judge and he's have still been found inicent in liverpool.

scaredypants

I'm just waiting for the songs 😆

Lanesra
    Free Member

😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

FFS LLansera you know that is a fake and a great misrepresentation of what actually happened you really do need to let go of your hatred it is seems to be affecting you somewhat

The real link

Lanesra
    Free Member

Is it really 🙄

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Feel sorry for the lad who was beaten up, where's his justice

I thought you couldn't let it go Arsenal but, and this is a big "but", given that the lad who was beaten up was a scouser too, it seems that you're entirely balanced and reasonable. I thought that it was Gerrard being a scouser that was winding your little winder up so much. It seems I was wrong, and you're not the ill-informed biased cock that everyone is making you out to be. I am in a very small minority concerning this view, but I feel you're turning the oil-tanker that is your opinion.

Lanesra
    Free Member

Nothing to do with "scousers" Darcy, as this thread has correctly (imo) pointed out there are many flaws in our justice system and Gerrard has exploited it to the max

As for the guy who was assaulted he will probably end up in witness protection

Have a read of this http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2554647/Steven-Gerrards-accuser-gets-death-threats.html

So not only does he get assaulted by seven people, the person who instigated it (Gerrard) gets off scot free – then to compound getting battered he has to live the rest of his life in fear and probably away from his friends and family

Still if he was Gerrard he could hire an underworld enforcer to sort out his "mither" http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/1023389/Steve-Gerrard-Footie-stars-father-makes-sensational-court-claim.html

If Gerrard was half the man he pretends to be, he should speak out and stop all the threats

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Of course he is a thug. anyone who punches someone is – espeically when not punched first. Just he is a rich thug so can hire a good lawyer.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Llansera I feel the need to point out what you were like with TJ threatening your lawyers, defamation of character (a near impossibility in your case I would have thought) and suing for you being insulted.
    However when you are the person doing this (Gerrard was found innocent whether you or I agree with this, He did not hit a small child as you well know and then laugh off) you seem to be quite pleased with yourself. Again you paint a beautiful picture of your own character.

Lanesra
    Free Member

Llansera I feel the need to point out what you were like with TJ threatening your lawyers, defamation of character (a near impossibility in your case I would have thought) and suing for you being insulted.
    However when you are the person doing this (Gerrard was found innocent whether you or I agree with this, He did not hit a small child as you well know and then laugh off) you seem to be quite pleased with yourself. Again you paint a beautiful picture of your own character.

TBH, Junkyard preach to someone who cares. TJ knows I was joking

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I did not think that you were joking. I thought you were being threatening and unpleasant. Mind you I was not worried either as I had / have the ammunition.

Lanesra
    Free Member

You had no qualification for your accusations, if you did you wouldn't have profusely apologised, imo

If you're that sure go for it, or ask the mods to close the thread(again)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I apologised for one unwarranted accusation. I did not apologise for calling you racist.

Lanesra
    Free Member

Show me one racist post (within the strict definition of racism), you loveable left wing idiot

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Do you really want it? It was withdrawn by the mods for being racist but I have a copy.

I really don't think it is appropriate. I suggest you invoke Hattersleys law – " When in a hole stop digging"

I will happily apologise if I am wrong – as I was in the other accusation by mixing you up with another of the toryboys

Junkyard
    Free Member

[sniggers at Llansera AGAIN ]
    Offers spade and encouragement
    [sniggers again walking off shaking head in disbelief]

EDIT:

I'm all against racism but, gypsies deserve all they get, imo

Truly are scum of the earth

will that do for staters?

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/gypsies-again

Lanesra
    Free Member

Do you really want it?

🙄

Post it up TJ

A) just to see how obsessive you are

B) how unwarranted your accusation is

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 154 total)

The topic ‘Steven Gerrard – Thug?’ is closed to new replies.