Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 154 total)
  • Steven Gerrard – Thug?
  • ton

football, a game played by tossers, and watched by bigger tossers. 8)

Gary_C

Scouser+court appearance=occupational hazard….. 😉

grumm
    Free Member

Can anyone really claim to know that that's him from the video – looks a fairly petty scuffle anyway.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I'm yet to see evidence that DeadlyDarcy isn't a nobhead.

I've met him, he seemed like a nice bloke.

I struggled to see what was going on with the video. If Gerrard hit him four times, why hasn't he been charged with assault?

Not in the same league as the people in the OP though.

kimbers

not having read larnesras earlier anti-liverpool thread afaic i dont think he was being anti-liverpool in any way

and the immediate, stop victimising liverpool comments were surely just proving borris johnson right

fwiw i think gerrard should be sent down if found guilty and suspended without pay for a few months of the season at least, you know a footy club or god forbid the FA actualy taking some moral responsiblity toward the fans they milk for money like the grotesquely bloated cash cow that the modern game is

ton

and people, you do not get time for assault………..
    just a big fat fine.

Lanesra
    Free Member

Summing up tommorow morning then the Jury sent out and tbh it's not looking good for Stevie

He seems to be a good lad and honestly thought that after his mate knocked out the guy he was going to attack him so delivered 3 swift upper cuts just to be sure.

I think 3-6 months community service will be the sentence handed down. Thoughts?

tails
    Free Member

hope he does get some community service you can't do that whoever you are, the sad thing is it won't effect liverpool hoofing club as he won't be picking litter at 3pm sat lunch.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Unless they throw him into a dungeon nothing will ever change. Or… make him play for Everton 😀

I'm not sticking up for Gerrard but there is more than one side every story, and when the press gets hold of it, it snowballs. He will most likely get off light after his solicitor plays the role model card. If the roles were reversed and Gerrard got his head handed to him in a nightclub. What would happen to the other bloke? I don't think he would be picking up litter!

ourkidsam
    Free Member

I can't see a great deal from that CCTV really. And the prosecution think that's more credible evidence than the witnesses.

It's no more than a bit of argy bargy on a saturday night, and in my opinion wouldn't have even gone to court if it hadn't been a premiership footballer involved.

Garry_Lager

Gerrard is about the only thing I can stand about the RS, he is just the complete player. Shame he lacks the testes to prove himself elsewhere, but there's still no doubting his supreme class. He has a reputation as a reasonable lad around Liverpool, for whatever that is worth.

This case going to the Crown court really is a joke. Punch up in a bar – man chips tooth, and it's being put before a judge? It is to laugh – the same will happen 100 times over, up and down the country tomorrow night and get summarily dealt with by the local magistrate.

Lanesra
    Free Member

Er, it would have been dealt with by a magistrate but Gerrard elected Crown Court (as you can do for a case before a magistrates court) and pleaded not guilty

If he'd pleaded guilty at magistrates his punishment would be half of what he's going to get now, if found guilty

Your both right imo. If he was a regular punter out on the town nothing would of probably happened. Because he's famous theres an example to be made of him. Plus it sells newspapers doesn't it?

Lanesra
    Free Member

Your mistaken Kimbers, despite the general public's perception the police and CPS do try to prosecute all thugs/persons who go around beating people up

Unfortunately, most of the time it comes down to whether the evidence/witnesses are there. Luckily for Mr McGee there was CCTV evidence and Gerrard and his mates were picked up soon after the incident

I just find it sad how a good footballer can fall from grace so quickly – his legacy will be forever tainted

ourkidsam
    Free Member

In about three weeks, front page of the Sun –

Marcus McGee – My Story

betcha 😉

Hairychested
    Free Member

Or rather:

Jordan weds Gerrard's Foe

ourkidsam
    Free Member

ha ha!

Lanesra
    Free Member

And so what if he does. Stevie G, thinks it's his right to swan around bars beating people up

If that's his prerogative, why shouldn't people make money out of it?

samuri
    Free Member

hi, can someone explain the excretment thing to me please, I don't follow football so i'm not sure of the procedure.

Do you take it with you in a bag with the express purpose of throwing it at someone or do you go for a poo and throw it right in the stands?

I remember going to the zoo once and one of the monkeys did a poo and threw it at all the people watching him. He was a monkey though, not a football supporter.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Llansera
    Stevie G, thinks it's his right to swan around bars beating people up

If that's his prerogative, why shouldn't people make money out of it?
    You really must lend me llansera vision glasses one day just to see how much it distorts reality. Is it just Liverpool and all things associated with them or everything taht gets warped?
    Are you really claiming Stevie one drink driving offence at 19 and one scuffle in a pub aged 29 (given his profile and abuse he must get in public from say people with Llansera type feelings towards all things Liverpool)is actually swanning around places thinking he can beat people up? If he is he does not enact it very often does he? 🙄

Not only this but you are also defending someone else EVEN if they are only doing this for money
    MANY MANY footballers behave poorly particularily with women and are not nice individuals. Joey Barton for example. However Gerrard does not seem to be one of those IMHO
    PS Man U fan does that make me neutral?

Lanesra
    Free Member

How is Gerrard not "one of those" he's clearly on camera beating someone up, for no reason whatsoever (unless you love Phil Collins)

I know he gets loads of shit because of what his missus did in the past but, that was never brought up as a mitigating factor in the court case – It was a case of a footballer giving it the "big I am" and beating someone up and thinking they'd get away with it/pay them off

If it was an Arsenal player doing that, I'd equally condemn them

kimbers

Your mistaken Kimbers, despite the general public's perception the police and CPS do try to prosecute all thugs/persons who go around beating people up

eh? did i say they didnt?

i just said that the fa, pfa or club should punish him or anyone found guilty of making the most popular and idolised sport in the world look like a haven for thugs

Lanesra
    Free Member

Sorry, I misunderstood.

I agree that he should never wear an England shirt again and hopefully his sponsors are looking at the situation as well.

A shocking fall from grace, though unsurprising really

Junkyard
    Free Member

Llansera,
    I am sure you would condem other football teams and players over similair things yet for some reason you just start Liverpool ones
    Should I read anything into this?

A shocking fall from grace, though unsurprising really [/Quote]

Are you often shocked by things that dont surprise you?

Lanesra
    Free Member

@Junkyard – has there been any other high profile football player/team in the news lately?

This is a genuine high profile news story, which exposes how footballers really live/think what they can do. And act when they don't get what they want

Junkyard
    Free Member

and it just happens to be a Liverpool player eh what a coincidence

Ignoring your prejudice for a minute
    What one footballer does one on a night out can hardly be considered and expose of how footballers act/behave/think.
    Personally I think the stories of adultury, roasting of women, rape allegations ALL show footballers in a far worse light than this incident.
    If we were to arrest every person who does this on anight out we are going to have a bit of a backlock in the courts (not that this makes it right of course)

Lanesra
    Free Member

How many players end up in court, with CCTV evidence of the offence?

You're being slightly blinded by the "saint" Stevie G fallacy

Anyway, I'm done on this thread. Will post again after the verdict

grumm
    Free Member

Lanesra stfu – you clearly have issues.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You're being slightly blinded by the "saint" Stevie G fallacy

yes clearly your hatred has no impact on your feelings here does it.

willard

Is he really a Phil Collins fan?

Good gods, is there no end to the depravity of the man?

Tango-Man
    Free Member

You know what Lanesra, how about you meet me face to face and spout your Hillsborough stuff to someone affected by it, you know man to man, without you sat hiding behind a keyboard, I'll be free anytime for a chat to discuss your "The Sun" point of view and what actually did happen

You Anti-Liverpool\Scouse hatred really is bad, do you feel the same way about Asian and Jamaican\West Indian people? Just wondering in case we have a real Redneck or just a other brave man hiding behind a keyboard

AndyP
    Free Member

of course he's not a thug. He's an honest figurehead of the game who we should want our children to aspire to be like.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not Guility do you think he will sue you for slander if you don't retract?
    Cant wait your reply Llansera cant wait

trailmonkey

I think we're all massively suprised at that verdict 🙄

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

[snigger]Yes, where are you Arsenal? Your favourite nobhead is waiting anxiously for your reaction. Don't tell me you're spending another twenty four hours in the cooler are you?[snigger]

warton
    Free Member

shocking decision. I just don't see how hitting someone multiple times is self defense. also why was the trial held in Liverpool, surely the jury would all have an opinion on him, there WOULD of been Liverpool fans in that jury…

tails
    Free Member

proof that money and fame speaks louder than your actions.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

WOULD of been Liverpool fans in that jury…

… and Everton fans, too?

grumm
    Free Member

proof that money and fame speaks louder than your actions.

Proof that lots of people who don't know any of the details of the case somehow think they know better than the jury.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 154 total)

The topic ‘Steven Gerrard – Thug?’ is closed to new replies.