Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Steve Peat's trying his hand at….
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The Scottish Six Days Trial. He did pretty good in the Scott last October so I expect him to get at least a special 1st class award as long as he can keep going all week. I don’t suppose he’ll lose many points on time anyway.
    Anyone else up at Ft Willy next week? (apart from you Peter) 😉

jimmy

The what was that now…?

TheSwede
    Free Member

So not lawn bowls then? It’s definitely not lawn bowls?

5thElefant
    Free Member

It’s like bicycles for grown ups.

nonk
    Free Member

is it botormikes?

Kit
    Free Member

Never heard of that before, but just looked up the website and it looks great! 100miles a day, without sitting down? Oof…

Wonder if Peaty will get some tips from Warner 😉
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE9y6iLBt58[/video]

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

So not lawn bowls then? It’s definitely not lawn bowls?
    No, it’s not lawn bowls. If it was lawn bowls I wouldv’e said so & not ‘The Scottish six days Trial’ wouldn’t I?
    Anyway, It’s past your bed time, put your jim-jams on & be off with you.

godzilla
    Free Member

Peaty rode well in the scott (the worlds hardest one day trial) he’s very handy on a trial bike.
    Are there many trial riders on this forum? im a very keen rider..

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Only saw him on 1 section at the Scott, ovbiously knew what he was doing though.
    He’s no. 235 & Rob Warner’s no. 234 not far behind Dougie Pumpkin. It’ll be nice to see.

TheSwede
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock
    My jimmy jams are on but I’m allowed to stay up until 12 tonight old screw. You sound a little uptight. Not had a face full of piss tonight have we?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Oi! How do you know I is a screw (innit) Does I knew ewe from somewhere? or what?
    (I has been on de wino but am not very uptight actually, as you can tel by my spelin) 😉

godzilla
    Free Member

Mid way round the scott he had a massive grin on his face and bags of energy, other good riders where in bad shape, i guess his reaction time and balance must be pretty awesome.

TheSwede
    Free Member

I have a long memory and a voices echo on the wing.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Only messing, I used to be an osg at long lartin and I think we commented on a couple of threads on niks 😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My guess is he’ll be a LOT fitter than a load of riders in the SSDT which counts for a lot over 6 days. There’s not a massive difference in ability in riders who finish in the top 10 & those who finish in the top 20-30. (it’s more finesse) He won’t be in the top 10 but I bet he gets in the top 30. & It’s his 1st Scottish. I’ll be cheering him on anyway.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Only messing, I used to be an osg at long lartin and I think we commented on a couple of threads on niks
    Long Lartin eh? Cat A. I was an OSG at Frankland! (off topic, a cleaner chucked his dummy out the other day & says, ‘you don’t get abused every day like us cleaners do’. I was speechless for about 5 minutes, pi$$ing myself)
    Go Peaty!!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Do you get buckets of human faeces and urine thrown in your face?

That’s not very nice, is it? 🙁

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The worst I’ve had is a near miss by a television. But I was twatted by a load of sweetcorn a couple of weeks ago. Which was actually quite funny.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I hope it wasn’t pre-owned sweetcorn. 😳

Pebbledashed?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Oh no, straight out of the foil container. It was funny though, as I looked round at he potential perps I saw 5 cons all looking up in the air & whistling as though to say, ‘wasn’t me’. 😡

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You’ve got to be careful someone don’t stab you in the base of the neck with a pen though.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

You need eyes in the back of your head in the job but I reckon a good old fashioned pool cue’s the weapon of choice. Not many screws have been stabbed in the base of the neck with a pen.
    Someone got badly damaged with a broken coffee jar at Frankland a while ago though.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You can blind someone with a small piece of paper.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Hopefully I’ll be blinded by Peaty’s magic (or more likely Dougie Pumpkin, Alexz Wigg, Michael Brown or James Dabill.) See you in Fort William!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I hope not. I haven’t done anything wrong. 😳

Wandsworth or the Scrubs is more likely.

Or possibly Broadmoor.

TheSwede
    Free Member

LL was quite quiet really, lifers want an easy life I suppose. Saw a fair few guests sliced up or tar’d but not many staff assaulted. Likely to loose their snooker tables or play stations!

birky
    Free Member

There’s a bit on the SSDT website today – http://www.ssdt.org/

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Steve Peat's trying his hand at….’ is closed to new replies.