Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Steve Jones (Dirt) joins GMBN…
  • nickhit3
    Free Member

https://instagram.com/p/BaKyL_lnWgM/

Looking forward to hearing his tips on using Zipties and lowering seats…

Huge fan of ST and his career with Dirt, quite an interesting contribution imo. Didn’t see that coming. It’s a shame Dirt’s website has never lived up to the promise of the brand. Wonder what will come of this on their side..

kayak23

Cool.
    I brought him to a halt once when marshalling a Dragon race at Myndd Du (I think) once.
    True story.

Hopefully he can balance up the MBUKness a bit.

Mind you, it’s still not doing much for gender equality on that channel.
    I don’t mind a bit of Steve now and again though so looking forward to what he brings.

muggomagic

Assembling quite a team there. Hopefully he’ll continue to do the race interviews for GMBN next season. Be interesting to see if they get him in to do gear and bike reviews.

On the gender equality thing, I was certain we were going to see Tracey Mosely unveiled as a part time presenter. Be great to see her doing regular videos.

tomhoward

Will he be mumbling with his hand over his mouth, to reflect Dirts magazine style?

km79
    Free Member

Tracey Mosely would be great on it.

warpcow
    Free Member

Be interesting to see if they get him in to do gear and bike reviews.

I want him to review one of Doddy’s bikes and say it’s too small.

chakaping
    Free Member

Very interesting, I don’t watch much GMBN at all but it usually seems a bit basic/pitched at newbies. Presume Jonesy’s arrival will add a bit more depth.

Just a bit concerned how his honest reviewing style will work with the bike sponsorship and product placement model there.

antennae
    Free Member

I was certain we were going to see Tracey Mosely unveiled as a part time presenter. Be great to see her doing regular videos.

Yeah! She was excellent on the EWS coverage earlier in the year.

leeerm
    Free Member

Was never a fan of his writing style. Seems like a top bloke though.

chakaping
    Free Member

Can’t see Tracy wanting to do it full-time, but I’d definitely watch it more if she became a regular contributor.

scruff
    Free Member

Are his spoken words in the wrong order aswell, or written just his?

muggomagic

I did say part time. It definitely needs a woman or 2 on the team.
    Maybe they are holding out and waiting to see what Rachel Atherton’s plans are for next year

Rickos
    Free Member

The Insta post has been deleted. I saw it this morning and thought it was just them all mucking about, wasn’t sure to take it seriously. No doubt we’ll find out in the coming weeks.

chakaping
    Free Member

Oh. It was surprising but had a kind of logic, with him putting out good video content in the past and Dirt seeming a bit under-resourced now.

Maybe he’s actually the new Fox distributor instead.

andeh

Hopefully he’ll counteract the one-man-entertainment-vacuum that is Doddy.

It’s definitely gone a bit MBUK since Scotty left, I don’t even road bike but I find myself watching GCN much more.

mark90
    Free Member

Would like to see Tracey Mosley or Traharn Chidley as GMBN presenters.

Edit: Or Manon Carpenter

nickc

The Insta post has been deleted

GMBN too small?

nickhit3
    Free Member

The Insta post has been deleted. I saw it this morning and thought it was just them all mucking about, wasn’t sure to take it seriously. No doubt we’ll find out in the coming weeks.

Seems all of the comments from a myriad of professionals all took it seriously. Lots of “Congrats bro”

I hope Dirt-and what it represents- can still survive if he is jumping ship. CBA with the generic content GMBN are pumping out. “its competition time” every two minutes. “top ten ways to improve your saddle height” etc..

JackHammer

Cant stand Doddy.

joefm

Always looks like he has the mumps

nickhit3
    Free Member

Always looks like he has the mumps

😆

dragon
    Free Member

Although at times GMBN and GCN can be a bit generic they’ve still changed the game for better in terms of cycling coverage in this country (and abroad). Steve Jones would be a positive addition if he does go there.

Speeder

Blimey does GMBN generate enough cash to actually employ people?

Great if it does just I hardly ever bother watching anything

shakers97
    Free Member

Misogyny rules the roost on GMBN

oldtalent
    Free Member

Get glowinski in there now the bikechannel has folded. Easy on the eye is a bonus.

nickhit3
    Free Member

Get glowinski in there now the bikechannel has folded. Easy on the eye is a bonus.

and on STW..

Rorschach
    Free Member

His first video is up
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UJZF5iRhNg[/video]

oldtalent
    Free Member

and on STW..

Bedwetters and guardian readers on high alert,I implied a lady of the opposite sex is attractive.

kayak23

For a start, that’s just ballcocks. The simple lack of a female presenter does not misogyny make. They talked about it(lack of female presenter) the other day on one I watched as it happens, and Martyn explained that they couldn’t find the right combo of someone good for the channel and someone who was available.

and on STW..

Besides, Misogyny is a dislike or contempt for women. Calling a woman attractive isn’t misogyny, it’s rampant sexism a nice gesture.

danposs86
    bigrich

I want him to review one of Doddy’s bikes and say it’s too small

we saw him ride through bath on that curtis frame he made himself. sang the clown song.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Steve Jones (Dirt) joins GMBN…’ is closed to new replies.