• This topic has 66 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by mefty.
Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Steve Hewlett – his battle with cancer on PM
  • kelvin

Hard but engaging listening.

geoffj

I think he sounded better this evening than last week – keep up the fight Steve!

Esme
    Free Member

Sad news today 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙁

Sadly, his death has just been announced on PM.

DrJ

Just listening to PM. Gosh. Quite moving.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cripes I didn’t know it was that bad.

RIP, this was fantastic and brave broadcasting.

Jamie
    Free Member

Listened last week when he was talking about how his care had moved from curative to palliative. Hoped he would of least hit couple of months…..guess not. Poor bloke.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

fantastic and brave broadcasting.

Indeed.

Radio can be the most powerful medium, as this proved.

Truly moving stuff, at times hilarious as well. Humour in the dark times.

TomHill
    Free Member

Was listening to PM too. I’ve tried to catch his updates when I could, even though they’ve made for difficult listening. He described an impossible situation with intelligence, humour, without a scratch of sentimentality. RIP.

metalheart
    Free Member

I enjoyed his Media show R4 programmes.

Impressed with his handling of his situation, doubt I’d be as brave…

#fuckcancer.

convert

This series of interviews was one of the most powerful and bizarrely life affirming pieces of broadcasting I have ever listened to or watched. So much credit to both Steve and Eddy Mair. Condolences to his family.

dannybgoode

I’ve been listening over the months and it’s one of the most moving powerful pieces of radio I’ve heard.

Sad news indeed but I think not unexpected.

Cancer is indeed a shit…

Cowman

The most powerful thing I’ve ever listened to. Cried in the car some days going home from work listening to it.
    At some point ill try and listen to it again. But not soon.

sadmadalan

Sat in car on drive until it finished. My neighbour did the same. Radio is a powerful medium but this was outstanding. How Eddie Mair kept it together, I don’t know. RIP

IHN

🙁

Just 🙁

matt_outandabout

Amazing stoicism and positivity from him – and reminded me of my mother who died 16 years ago last week. His insight and understanding of the medical staff and carers was fascinating. RIP.
    Great radio, so well done by Steve and Eddie.

geoffj

Sad day RIP Steve Hewlett

fatmax

Where could I listen to the full run of interviews? Sounds worth checking out.

fatmax

Where could I listen to the full run of interviews? Sounds worth checking out.

Jamie
    Free Member
    codybrennan
    Free Member

Damn. Poor Steve.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Just listening to tonight’s PM, and don’t know how Eddie Mair is holding it together. Very professional.

jamj1974

An excellent broadcaster to the very end. His frank and personal conversations with Eddie Mair were very moving.

avdave2

Another one here who sat in the car after arriving home to hear the end of it tonight. Radio is very powerful indeed and if this country has produced anything better than Radio 4 at its best then I don’t know what that thing might be.

greentricky
    Free Member

Also sat outside the house listening until it finished, one of the best features I have heard on radio, powerful stuff

kelvin

It was gripping to follow his process, and glad he shared it via radio. His personal journey, while unique, is very familiar to so many of us, and at some point something similar will be experienced my many more of us. Good to have it heard, and discussed. I thank him.

mefty
    Free Member

Nick Robinson has done a great post on facebook – well worth a read

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Steve Hewlett – his battle with cancer on PM’ is closed to new replies.