• This topic has 24 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Steroid injections – anyone had one?
  • hitman
    Free Member

hitman
    Free Member

having one soon – do they hurt much?

Kuco

If you mean Cortisone then yep had 3 in my foot all within 6 months just turned the 4th one down. First one didn’t feel a thing, second one slight twinge, third one hurt for about a day and half.

hitman
    Free Member

yes, cortisone – sounds like it didnt work for you though 🙁

igm

Shoulder (AC joint) and spine (epidural)

Not painful but can bring on the symptoms that your trying to sort (only for a day or two)

Effective for me, but not all – the epidural was a revelation in how the pain changed.

What you having done?

hitman
    Free Member

same as you – shoulder

hitman
    Free Member

same as you – shoulder

igm

First time I had that done it ached for a day or two but then sorted the pain and I got the motion back.

Couple of years later it came back and I had it done again – no aching and two injections that time – one from the top and one from the front both into the inter bone area of the joint (I think – I get squeamish and don’t like knowing exactly what’s going on).

That was four years ago and although I get the odd ache and twinge it’s not really a problem – considering I did 25 seasons of rugby, I’ve always walked the hills and spent the last 14 years mountain biking (still rubbish by the way – did you know I came last at SSUK?) I think I’ve got off fairly lightly.

May work, may not but the shoulder is not a painful one provided whoever is doing it knows their stuff

hitman
    Free Member

having it done by a consultant shoulder surgeon, so hopefully should know what they’re doing

druidh
    Free Member

I had the cortisone for Tennis Elbow. One injection and it was cured.

The injections was ****’ sore though as it has to go into the sorest bit. I almost hit the ceiling. Two hours later, I managed to bang the same elbow off my car door in the Co-op car park. That’s the only time my daughter has seen me on my knees, crying.

Kuco

Yeah hitman unfortunately only temporally eased the foot and each injection seemed to do less. Go for second MRI scan at the end of the month 🙁 But they do work for some people.

boblo
    Free Member

I had one into one of the joints in the back of my hand. Was done under xray so the sadist, sorry Doc could see exactly where to stick the needle for maximum effect.

Suffice to say, never, ever again. The jab was extremely painful and I have no intention of ever having another.

roundwheels
    Free Member

two in my achilles tendon they didn’t work so now getting an op 🙁 to fix the problem

tinribz
    Free Member

Had some steroid pills once, best week ever felt like I was 17 again. Was gutted when the doctor wouldn’t renew the prescription.

roundwheels
    Free Member

imo its sore but not painful i managed to walk without a limp

iainc

Kuco – hope you don’t mind me asking – what’s your foot problem ? I ask as I am heading towards a toe fusion op and looking for other ideas…. Cheers

boblo
    Free Member

iainc – Member
    <snip> toe fusion <snip>

Int that the holy grail of nuclear physics being studied by the boffins at Cern? 😀

surfer
    Free Member

I had one in my knee 11 months into a bout of Illiotibial Band Syndrome which (with hindsight) effectively ended any real opportunity to run at reasonable level.
    It didnt work and the injury cleared up with time and hasnt recured.

Didnt hurt much just a bit of discomfort while they move the needle around.

iainc

Int that the holy grail of nuclear physics being studied by the boffins at Cern?

LOL – wish it was !!!

epicyclo

igm – Member
    …did you know I came last at SSUK?)…

I thought you came 4th equal like the rest of us 🙂

Trekster

wife has had a few due due to arthritis in various joints, hands, feet, back. Some have worked, some for a shorter period, some are more painfull than others.

jon1973
    Free Member

Make sure they put ’em in the right place.

sofatester
    Free Member

FFS jon1973, i hope that picture has been photoshopped!

jon1973
    Free Member

FFS jon1973, i hope that picture has been photoshopped!

Most likely, it was just the most disturbing picture of a body builder I could find on Google Images.

Kuco

iainc – Member
    Kuco – hope you don’t mind me asking – what’s your foot problem ? I ask as I am heading towards a toe fusion op and looking for other ideas…. Cheers

That’s the problem they don’t know. I get a pain between the 4th and 5th metatarsal in the nerve. Its similar to a bursa but not quiet the right symptom’s to be one (no pain going into the toes but down the foot) and extremely rare to be between those two metatarsals. They are reluctant to cut it open and have a look as the scar tissue could cause more problems in the future.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Steroid injections – anyone had one?’ is closed to new replies.