Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sterling to Euros, cheapest transfer rates…
  • badgerbater
    Free Member

I have to pay a deposit (may pay full amount depending on charges) for holiday accommodation tomorrow. Just wondering which is the least painful way of doing the transaction while incurring the cheapest “fees/charges”. I could do some form of bank transfer, but I have a Thomas Cook “Cash Passport” card (haven’t used it for a couple of years), was wondering if I could top up the card with sufficient funds and pay with this. Its Sunday night and I may not be thinking straight! Any advice greatly appreciated…

PeteG55
    Free Member

This is the sort of thing I use the moneysavingexpert.com website for. Got the best deal for my Euros using their search tool. I expect it’ll point you in the right direction for this transaction too.

craig24
    Free Member

Best thing for this type of transaction is a credit card, has to be certain ones though. Check out –

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/travel-credit-cards

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    badgerbater
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies so far – I’ll take a look at MSE tomorrow…

dannybgoode

Wouldn’t credit card make most sense so you have some protection?

Exchange rates will all be within a cent or to so unless you’re talking an awful lot of money I’d just cc it.

badgerbater
    Free Member

Not sure if owner will accept payment by credit card.

brant
    Free Member

Currencyfair

<edit. I think I can send a link for commission freeness>

brant
    Free Member
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sterling to Euros, cheapest transfer rates…’ is closed to new replies.