Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Sterling to Euro – best place to exchange?
  • leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Just wondering if the massive can advise me the best place to exchange Sterling for Euros?

Post Office v RBS v Bank of Scotland, PO came out best (£150 = €179) by €4. Any other places I should look?

rootes1

close to victoria, london? if so the exchange on victoria street always has the best deals – place with queues outside.

PO is normally a good bet though only really an issue if you are getting laods

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Thomas Cook aren't bad, at least they have some room for negotiation instead of the PO assistant looking at you as if you've just shat in their handbag if you mention having seen a much better rate on their website.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I always use my nationwide account in a native cash machine. Always worked out well for me in the past.

uplink
    Free Member

I have a FairFX card which works out OK

https://www.fairfx.com/

fbk
    Free Member

Oddly enough, I've just ordered a shed load of Euros.

I used This comparison website which gives a pretty good idea of what's available.

Definitely an advantage to live in London but otherwise some good mail order options. Of the rest, Tescos seem the most competitive over-the-counter option.

5lab

second the moneysavingexpert site – great value

pjt201
    Free Member
    smogmonster

I always use International Currency Exchange. http://www.iceplc.com They always give the best rates around IMHO.

Pauly

Travelex are best just now apparently. Going to get a bit better over the summer though; probably around £1 = €1.25

highclimber
    Free Member

crowncurrencyexchange.co.uk get my vote. the further in advance to order then better the rate you get!

Stuuey

+1 fairfx. Getting 1.22 euro at the mo.

kevonakona
    Free Member

Best rate i got last year was the atm in bourg d'oisan. for all the difference it made.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Cheers guys, will use ICE at Glasgow's Central station.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Sterling to Euro – best place to exchange?’ is closed to new replies.