Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Stereophonics Vs Travis who'd win in a fight ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Sorry I meant who you do you prefer ? Both pretty much the same…

Id say Travis is the better band

Over to you STW

jimdubleyou

Are Travis still going?

MartynS

Stereophonics…
    They at least know how to vary the tempo..

loddrik
    Free Member

The ones with the floppiest hair. Bloody awful music…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If Stuart Cable was still with us, it would be over in the first round.

trail_rat
    Free Member

are they going to depress each other to death in this fight ?

finbar
    Free Member

Stereophonic are one of the dullest bands I’ve ever seen live.

Travis could always be relied on for a good comedy cover version at least. ‘Hit me baby one more time’ at Glastonbury was amazing, and I saw them cover ‘Killer Queen’ at some festival or other too.

breadcrumb

While I saw the ‘phonics a couple of years ago and I thought they were fantastic. One of the best bands I’ve seen.

Haven’t seen Travis live but quite line the first album.

Northwind

In a fight? Travis, round one, shock and awe. It’s the Glasgow way. (Travis played my student union in about 96, they played All I Wanna Do Is Rock, someone shouted Well Why Don’t Ya ****in Rock Then Instead Of ****in Moanin, Ya ****, bass player kicked him in the mouth 😆 There were no more heckles.)

Local Boy In The Photograph might be the only good song they have between them, though. Oh OK, maybe Turn and U16 Girls

Merak

Words of wisdom on this thread from the two right honourable gentlemen above;

The only thing ever worth listening to by Travis is The Man Who, the rest nah your all right.

Stereophonics ; Local boy in the photogragh and indeed, the whole of Word Gets Around the rest, not so much.

scratch
    Free Member

Saw Travis 3rd on the bill behind Cable and Headlined by Reef,
    They were frekin terrible then and pretty much got boo’d off stage.

We should all start whiney bland indie bands,
    we’d be rich! rich I tells ya!

flaps
    Free Member

I saw the ‘Phonics around 2000 when they were the support act to James, great concert that. Their first album is still my favourite that they have done and I still put it on from time to time. I can’t remember the last time I put the Travis album on!
    Not overly keen on either now though.

PrinceJohn

Hmmm, which is better, beige? Or light beige? How about Coldplay for medium beige?

EDIT – Saw Travis @ Isle Of Wight festival – they were pretty entertaining apart from the singing, saw Stereophonics in a cowshed they were awful, the venue was awful. Bands like that seem to attract a certain kind of crowd, but that’s a subject for a different thread…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bands like that seem to attract a certain kind of crowd

You. Apparently.

johndoh
    Free Member

Neither would win, they would both fade out in a boring stream of nothingness.

johndoh
    Free Member

And anyway – Stereophonics are actually Rod Stewart circa. 1976

PrinceJohn

You. Apparently.

Wasn’t my choice of gig, but as I used to be a decent boyfriend I went with my then girlfriend.

jools182
    Free Member

Stereophonics first album is great

Unfortunately it all went a bit wrong after that, much like a lot of other bands, Killers, dare I say Coldplay etc

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Flaps that wasn’t in Plymouth was it?

curto80
    Free Member

Since this has turned into a gig nostalgia thread, I remember seeing Travis at the Exeter Lemmy. Supported by the Llama Farmers. Oh and Muse.

Waderider
    Free Member

A relative bought the wife and myself tickets to see the Stereophonics at the Glasgow SECC once. They were crap.

yunki
    Free Member

As long as everyone involved dies as a result of their injuries I’d pay good money to watch it happen

mikey3
    Free Member

Isn’t the internet great.

yunki
    Free Member

Mikey3 – Are you an aggrieved member of one of the aforementioned pop rock blands, or are you trying to tell me there’s gonna be a live webcast of the event!?

Where do I sign up.. If I don’t have to expend any energy on watching their demise all the better! 🙂
    Kelly Jones deserves to be consumed alive by a plague of ravenous marauding pubic lice for every self indulgent, disrespectful duet that he has ever performed

mikey3
    Free Member

Sorry yunki its PPV,public beheading of 2 unlimited in dam square coming soon,be there 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

Phwoaaar.. As long as they mince them up for burgers to be dished out to the audience afterwards I’d make the trip for that one 🙂

EDIT: Actually I’d like to apologise for the ferocity of my comments.. I’m largely indifferent if truth be told

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I am OUTRAGED

Completely different bands. Travis, brilliant forever. Stereophonics, awful forever. The “Summer Of Dakota” still brings a miserable tear to my eye.

All exaggeration aside, Fran Healy has written many excellent songs. I think Kelly Jones best one was about a music journalist.

petefromearth

Kelly Jones has a pointier guitar, surely that gives him an advantage

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Stereophonics Vs Travis who'd win in a fight ?’ is closed to new replies.