Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Step Up Enigma Ti Etape Disc Owners….?
  • boblo
    Free Member

I’m in the market for a Ti treat.

Audaxy, day rides, mebbies light touring. There seems to be loads of Ti disk frames that fit this particular bill. For no particular reason, I seem to have landed at Enigma’s door looking at their Ti Etape disk frame and fork combo.

Anybody got any war stories/direct experiences to share? Likely to be a Force 22 build (for a change from Shim) with Spyres and Kinesis Crosslight’s and various other random bits n bobs from the spares cupboard.

TIA.

MoreCashThanDash

Not owned or ridden one, but when it was first released I happened to be in Windmill Wheels when he was unwrapping a frame and it absolutely ticks all your boxes, which are the same as mine – all day, all weather, audax and light touring bling.

I met the Enigma guys on their stand at a Cycle Show a few years back and they were really helpful and nice to chat to, even though I stressed that I was still several thousands of pounds short of the price tag…

boblo
    Free Member

You’re quite local to me then. Where are you based?

Kryton57

*Watches with interest*

I’m halfway toward one of these. Although I’ve discovered the Ecroix is VERY close in geo (slightly taller HT & BB, yet slight more aggressive), I was disappointed that the Steel Ecroix was so expensive. But that could be used more flexibly. Perhaps.

dpfr

Enigma very easy to deal with and I am delighted with my new Evoke. Now seriously considering either an Ecroix or Etape for winter.

boblo
    Free Member

Time for my stealth PSA then… Enigma are ‘giving’ free forks out with their Etape ATM, price dropped by couple of hundred £’s…

MoreCashThanDash

Hi boblo – I’m near Ilkeston, Derby way. It’s the only time I’ve been in Windmill Wheels, it just happened to be next to the café that was being used as a control on an audax event and it seemed an ideal way to deal with the disappointment of the bacon butty the control were offering at a special rate rude not to pop in for a look.

Some lovely stuff in there

boblo
    Free Member

Aye it’s a treat when I ride out that way. Excellent, I’ve given it at least 10 mins and no negative comments so must be CC time… 🙂

adsh
    Free Member

I have a non disc and it’s lovely.

My only gripe with the newer Enigmas is that they went 31.6mm across the whole range. I assume it was for manafacturing simplicity but for a long distance bike I’d prefer 27.2mm – stiffness etc isn’t really where something like this is at shirley?

boblo
    Free Member

Is your’s 27.2 and overly harsh then? The carbon jobbies can get a bit lively but I’d expect Ti to be a bit more damped.

johnnystorm

31.6mm to 27.2 shim and regain the twang? Do you not want a dropper on it anyway? 😉

fatmax

Definitely want an Enigma Ti disc at some stage – they look beautiful!

boblo
    Free Member

That’s the wife’s housekeeping gone for the next couple of weeks. Order placed. (-:

ChrisA
    Free Member

I had a non disc etape & it’s was a great bike. I’d have the disc version or the Ecroix tomorrow if I had the spare cash

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Step Up Enigma Ti Etape Disc Owners….?’ is closed to new replies.