Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • (Step) Dadsnetworld
  • HughStew

Anyone else here have an 18 year girl (in the parental sense – no Jimmy Savile references please).

My step-daughter spends half the time in a foul mood, being vile to all around, especially her mother and the other half in a ‘good’ mood spouting inane drivel about what her ring-tone is and the latest celeb news at 200 decibels at getting stroppy if she’s not the centre of attention. I can hardly work out which is more irritating. On rare occasions she can behave like an adult and engage in a reasonable way, but these occasions are few and far between.

Please re-assure me. Are all 18 year old girls like this? Will she turn into a reasonable adult, and when? Or am I just a grumpy old git.

emma82
    Free Member

ummmmm – she sounds pretty normal, I remember being a bit the same at that age, probably worse to be honest and ended up moving out at 18 which was the making of me. Perhaps get her to get a job, she might grow up a bit then?

matther01
    Free Member

Pretty much the norm. My eldest is 17 next year and she is really quiet and withdrawn unless her friends are about and then she is totally animated and in a really good mood.

Guess its all harmones. I have a couple of girls that work for me that are between 23-25 and they have attitudes much akin to 17/18 year olds…so it may last a little longer I’m afraid depending on the individual.

HughStew

Thanks for the feedback. Just having a moan really. I think it’s all part of growing up.

She does do waitressing 3 or 4 days a week and is off to be a chalet girl for a season at the start of Dec, and to be fair she’s moved from 90% stroppy to 50% stroppy, so a move in the right direction. She has a terrible relationship with her Dad, who basically wants nothing to do with her, after she remonstrated with him when he started saying what a bitch her Mum is.

Hey Ho. All part of life’s rich tapestry.

Pigface
    Free Member

Perfectly normal 😆

Joe

Sounds abit pathetic really. 18 is a grown up. Shes not 14.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Sounds like a normal 18yr old girl to me. They are like normal people, just up a couple of octaves and full of speed.

emma82
    Free Member

% stroppy, so a move in the right direction. She has a terrible relationship with her Dad, who basically wants nothing to do with her, after she remonstrated with him when he started saying what a bitch her Mum is.

Big mind f£&@. She’ll be fine, she’s just young. Despite what you may think about how quick kids grown up these days 18 is still young.

scaled
    Free Member

Tbh it sounds like you’ve got a good one there!

Working, talking, you’ve not mentioned that she’s trashed the house while you’re out…

project
    Free Member

spends half the time in a foul mood, being vile to all around, especially her mother and the other half in a ‘good’ mood spouting inane drivel about what her ring-tone is and the latest celeb news at 200 decibels at getting stroppy if she’s not the centre of attention

Then somebody marries her, and a few months latter realises their mistake and comes on here asking for advice about divorce 😯

Sandwich

Finding her way into the “grown-up”world all perfectly normal.

Joe hopefully you were young once or you missed out on a whole load of fun!

JoeG
    Free Member

Threaten her with this punishment!

bassman
    Free Member

Swop her for a 36 year old who is going through trouble with her 40 year old hubby.
    was warned she would retaliate to authority one day.

Love her to bits(doesn’t listen to her dad any more)Only did before when she wanted something.
    that’s what dads are for to take the flak.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘(Step) Dadsnetworld’ is closed to new replies.