Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Stendec Easy Glide Fork Grease
  • woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Has anyone used this stuff:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=3150

I want to grease the coil spring in a Rock Shox Tora 318 fork. I’m not prepared to shell out £22 for PM600 Military grease, which is a huge rip off given it’s probably available under another name for a fraction of the price.

slackman99
    Free Member

I’ve got a tub of it. Had it for a while. Have to say that it does feel smoother/more slippery than the other grease I have, although this could be all in my mind!

retro83
    Free Member

It’s a good grease for seals and so on, I personally used a thicker grease on the spring though.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve used the R&R superslick which I assume is similar.

It’s a racers trick to remove the foam rings and pack the empty space with this sort of grease. Not sure how much use it would be on the spring, might be a bit too thin.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Waste of money for a spring- even on seals i’m happy with this TF2

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

There’s not much place for grease in most modern forks really, about the only place is going to be a spring, but as others have said, any old grease will do then.

honourablegeorge

thisisnotaspoon – Member

It’s a racers trick to remove the foam rings and pack the empty space with this sort of grease.

I did that to my Boxxers yesterday. Feel dead clever and racer-y now even though I was only following the instructions that came with my seals.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I did that to my Boxxers yesterday. Feel dead clever and racer-y now even though I was only following the instructions that came with my seals.

I thought the instructions say to soak the foam rings?

andyl
    Free Member

I use the stendec on my air forks. I believe it is silicone grease so it doesnt mix with the mineral fork oil which is what you want it to do so it doesnt get washed out and thicken up the fork oil.

It’s a bit more gloopy than normal clear silicone grease and is a yellowy/brown colour. My local shop (bad ass bikes) uses their stuff so I just picked up all my servicing stuff from them. It’s a couple of £ more than you can get bike/car stuff for but it’s not like I go through loads. The only one you use lots of is the damper one but a bottle still lasts 4 services and I’ve barely made a dent on the grease and everyone says my forks feel nice and plush (Revs and rebas) so it seems to work well.

fivespot
    Free Member

Its the same stuff Dave Garland (Mr Stendec) uses in Danny Harts forks. So can’t be that bad 8)

honourablegeorge

hisisnotaspoon – Member

I thought the instructions say to soak the foam rings?

Enduro seal kit, no foam rings, they say to use generous amounts of grease between dust & wiper seal. No foam rings on Boxxers anyhow.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

thanks everyone, I’ll give the grease a try.

Been nine years since I serviced a fork and all the old products seem to have disappeared. or at least got a lot more expensive. Servicing 1x Rock Shox Tora is working out at nearly £55 including the seals and o-rings. And the manufacturers wonder why people don’t bother!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Stendec Easy Glide Fork Grease’ is closed to new replies.