Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Stems…why did no one tell me about these. Specialized adjustable stem content.
  • zippykona

https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/specialized_comp_multi_stem-ID_65411?gclid=CNXjkNLb9cQCFQjKtAodFigAiA
    Rather than having a shed full of stems I could have one of these.
    Trying to get my front end down and one of these would be perfect to fine tune.

robdob
    Free Member

They come as standard on a few Spesh road bikes I think – I got one on mine I think they are great as they allow some adjustment but still look like a normal stem. They just use a shim between the stem and steerer which an be used in different combinations to get 4 positions in total.

I

taxi25
    Free Member

But how often to you change stems ? You find one that works and leave it at that. I’ve never thought “for today’s ride I’ll go 6 degrees”

DezB
    Free Member

Is it time to market my “dropper” stem now?

soma_rich
    Free Member

Dez if only you could make a stealth version, I would be in….

njee20
    Free Member

As said, meh, you get 4 positions, instead of the usual two. Not really earth shattering!

zippykona

Having to flip my stem so this way I can see just how low I need to go.

njee20
    Free Member

Not really, you can test two positions, instead of one. They’re not infinitely adjustable, nor do they go particularly low…

servo
    Free Member

No adjustable stem on my new Tarmac but the old 2011 did have one.
    We could fine tune my wife’s position on her time trial bike with it.

One downside is that you can’t really have a spacer on top of the stem as the top cap has an off centre hole.

GrahamS

As said, meh, you get 4 positions, instead of the usual two.

? It says 10?

njee20
    Free Member

Aah ok, they give you three different shims to be able to do that. So 4 positions with each of the 4 and 2 degree shims (2 positive, 2 negative with each) plus an additional 2 positions with the 0 degree shim.

Yes, as noted, you can’t put spacers above the stem with them due to the top cap design.

GrahamS

Gotcha, thanks.

rOcKeTdOg

Had one for about 5 years, very useful

benp1

I bought a fully adjustable one for my commuter, so I could play with the angle. Was off wiggle

Sure it’s heavier than a normal stem, but it gives me more options

benpinnick

I got a 4 angle one on my last Stumpy back in the noughties. TBF I never adjusted it though.

dudeofdoom

Hmm had a fully adjustable one yonks ago ….was very interesting when the bolt went lose on the way home 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Stems…why did no one tell me about these. Specialized adjustable stem content.’ is closed to new replies.