Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Stem/bar length – Soul content
  • matther01
    Free Member

What stem/bar lengths are folks running with a medium Soul?

I’m 5’8/9″ and planning to run 75/140 but thinking the stem may be too long

Green

I’m the same height, also riding a medium soul. I’ve got a 70mm stem, seems perfect to me.

joespencer33
    Free Member

I’m 5′ 10″ ( but long legs short torso) and have a 70mm stem and 720mm bars and in my first few rides feels great.

shotsaway
    Free Member

I’m 5’8″ with short legs and ride a small Soul. For the last 18 months, I’ve ridden with a 75mm stem, which in all honesty made the bike too small. I recently added at 16mm setback seat post and a 90mm stem and I seem to fit perfectly now.

I guess the 75mm stem on the medium, will probably fit you fine.

Scapegoat

I’m long legged short trunk/arms, 5’11” and ride a medium with a 70mm stem and 725 bars. I tried with a layback and 50mm stem but struggled to keep the front down on steep stuff. With the short stem the handling was twitchy/ wandery Now with a reverb, saddle back on the rails and a 70mm stem it’s back to great again. (120mm fork)

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Same height and on a medium Soul (mk2). I’ve got a 70mm Easton stem with 680mm bars. The stem seems perfect, but I plan to change the bars ASAP.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How far do your arms stick out in front of the steerer (clue for stem length)
    How broard are your shoulders (clue for bar width)

chiefgrooveguru

5’10.5″ tall, 6’2″ armspan, ride a medium with 50mm stem, 711mm bars and straight seatpost. 140mm fork so that slightly shortens the ETT and significantly slows the steering which is balanced out by the short stem so it’s stable at speed on the rough but not too cumbersome when going slow.

iainc

Let’s see some pics of these Souls 😆

metalheart
    Free Member

Just shy of 6′ on a medium. 70mm stem/685mm bars (which I need to chop down to fit in the bike locker 😥 ).
    Run 762’s and a 65 on the Solaris though…
    Got broad (but slopey) shoulders me.

theboatman
    Free Member

5’9 and a bit, medium soul with a 15mm layback post, 90mm stem and a 685mm flat bar; I’m almost feeling old skool kool 8)

matther01
    Free Member

Cheers folks…I’m running 75/720 on my fs, but that’s 10mm shorter in the tt than the Soul and feels ok, apart from my fork being a wee bit divey.

Added issue will be if I stick with the 120 forks or alternate with the 110/140 talas on the Soul.

I’ll try the different bars, forks and saddle position before I go forking out for a new stem…although merlin are doing good deals on havocs at the moment.

pitduck
    Free Member

mines 70mm 😀

chives
    Free Member

6′, medium Soul, 685mm low rise EA70’s on a 70mm Thomson stem.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

5’11, Medium Soul, 710mm Haven Carbons and an 70mm stem. Felt quite stretched initially coming from a bike with a shorter frame and a 50mm stem but now feels spot on and the old one feel really cramped!

fathomer

More or less 6′ on a medium, 70mm stem & 711 bars. Bit of lay back in my hilo post but also feels ok with an inline jobbie.

mobes
    Free Member

5’11, medium Soul with 50mm Renthal stem and 740mm Renthal bars

superfli
    Free Member

5’8″ small soul, 70mm stem, 725mm bars

honourablegeorge

6’1″, 70mm stem, 711 bars, find them too narrow

andysblacksoul
    Free Member

5’10”, 50mm stem, 750 bars, layback seatpost

vorlich
    Free Member

6’1″

Large Soul, 50mm Stem, 745 bars.

EDIT. I have a 29er for long days in the saddle. Soul not built with all day comfort paramount. Went from 70mm to 50mm stem and it was a big improvement IMO.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Stem/bar length – Soul content’ is closed to new replies.