Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Stem recommendations
  • Gunz
    Free Member

I’m after a new stem for my Hei Hei and would like something polished and not too CNC’d as a lot I look at appear a bit clunky on this old frame (I know I’m being a bit of a ponce and have no excuses).
    My riding is just general stuff around trail centres and Dartmoor so I don’t need something mega strong, any ideas out there?

Thanks

rocketman
    Free Member

Thomson Elite X4?

killwillforchips
    Free Member

As rocket man said.

mrblobby
    Free Member

+1 for the thompson. Great bit of kit and you can get spares quite easily too. I’d also be tempted by an Easton Haven. Though both of these do look fairly CNC’d IMO.

dantsw13

I’ve just replaced a very blingy CNC’d Answer DJ stem with a On-One Hotbox stem. Polished black with a silver faceplate. £9.99 in lengths from 50-100mm.

Looks lovely!!

Gunz
    Free Member

Those Thomson ones on the On One site look a good price and the Hotbox is on the list too, thanks for the tips.

nealy
    Free Member

Another On One recommendation but for the polished silver CNC Ultralight…I know you said no CNC but it’s a great stem and pretty understated compared to others

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/STOOCNC/on_one_ultralight_cnc_stem

Gunz
    Free Member

Thanks Nealy, they don’t look too industrial, I think we have a winner.

dantsw13

I had a CNC ultralight on a previous bike – liked that too!!

fd3chris
    Free Member

The best quality stem I’ve ever had was a new RF turbine , beautifully finished and so light . By far my fav and I’ve tried most of the top quality expensive stems .

nealy
    Free Member

Thanks Nealy, they don’t look too industrial, I think we have a winner.

You’re welcome. They’re light too, my black 50mm is 110g

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Stem recommendations’ is closed to new replies.