Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Stem rear cassette not attached?
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

So went to remove my dork disk yesterday thinking in either going to cut it out or unbolt/remove rear cassette.

So removed through axel, removed wheel, unclipped dork disc from spokes and looked cluelessly as the cassette thinking how is this thing attached!

Well it just kind of pulls off without too much force. Then slides back on and engaged with the hub again.

All went back together and shifts just fine. I just thought it may have been attached to the wheel with greater force?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Sounds like you pulled the free hub body off the hub to me not the cassette off the freehub. make sure the seal engaged back in it’s slot if so.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Sounds like you pulled the hub body off the wheel with the cassette still attached to it.

On some hubs this is very easy

Edit I was to slow

scaredypants

I reckon you’ve pulled off the freehub, not just cassette – Guff for the various types can be found HERE

jayx2a
    Free Member

That makes more sense.

I pushed it back on and it has a little latch that engaged in the grooves and it spins just fine with no play. Didn’t realise the hub would come off so easily but it does not seem an issue!

renton
    Free Member

You need to get the cassette off really and make sure and seal between the hub and freehub is seated properly too.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Damn I wish I had started learning about bikes before my brain got older!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Stem rear cassette not attached?’ is closed to new replies.