Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Stem Length/ rise?
  • ltheisinger
    Free Member

I need some of your thought's – I have set my Heckler up with a 90mm stem with 10 degree rise and the front end feels strange?

Would the stem make a BIG difference to how confident/safe I felt on the bike?

I have run several different set-up's but this stem was a good deal so I bought it – the last set up was a 100mm rise with 10 degree rise and I think the bars had slightly more rise – would this make the bikes handling feel that much different?

Feedback on your experience would be great – thanks!

zaskar
    Free Member

Well a longer stem makes it less twitchy but then slower in short turn response.

It's all about You and while someones setup is great for them its not always great for you.

Read around, speak to LBS and experiemnt till you find something that suits your position (clear your mind and enjoy your ride)

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Thanks Zaskar…

Ah! It feels real twitchy and in tech bits (slower speeds) it feels like I'm going to go over the handle bars all the time – I don't, but it just feels that way? I know the set up is a personal thing, but I need to get some idea whether I would be better off with longer/ higher rise stem – through feedback of others' experiences…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Stem Length/ rise?’ is closed to new replies.