Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Stem CAPtain
  • docgeoffyjones

I wanted a neat solution for telling the time when I am out on my bike my wife got me this and I love it!

mrblobby
    Free Member

my wife got me

No excuses for not being home on time now 😉

bikeneil
    Free Member

I wanted a neat solution for telling the time when I am out on my bike

A wrist watch?

trail_rat
    Free Member

I have the thermometer one on my commuter. I like it

docgeoffyjones

A wrist watch?

This has a lot less draw backs than wearing a wrist watch.

thebrowndog
    Free Member

This has a lot less draw backs than wearing a wrist watch.

One of which being you must check it now and again to make sure it doesnt get hasnt bounced out on a fast decent. The first one I bought is somewhere on Long Mynd. Its replacement is doing duty on my Fatty.

docgeoffyjones

One of which being you must check it now and again to make sure it doesnt get hasnt bounced out on a fast decent. The first one I bought is somewhere on Long Mynd. Its replacement is doing duty on my Fatty.

Did you have the one with the silicon ring or the grub screw version?

My thinking is that watches are much easier to forget to take on bike rides than bikes.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I wanted a neat solution

Nothing in that photo is neat. I wish I could come round so I could sort those brake hoses out.

doug_basqueMTB.com

I use one all the time. It´s great for guiding because you always have the time on the bike so it´s not so easy to loose track of time. Lasts great and no issues with reliability. I´ve never had it bounce out, and i ride some pretty rocky trails! I´ve got the silicon ring version. Great bit of kit. The only thing that could be improved is to have it smaller so it´s recessed into the steerer tube instead of sitting above it so that your height there isn´t increased but that´s a small thing.

matt_outandabout

My thinking is that watches are much easier to forget to take on bike rides than bikes.

I store mine on my wrist, every day in the same place, that way I never forget it. 😉

ndthornton
    Free Member

I bought the thermometer one and stuck it on my commuter racer bike. I discovered the only time I was interested in the temperature was at night when I couldn’t see it. Also the dial was so small that even when I could see it I could only be sure of the temp to within about 5C.

Took it off and gave it away as a Secret Santa present 😈

jam-bo

I store mine on my wrist, every day in the same place, that way I never forget it.

+1

Northwind

I have a bombwatch on the strap of my camelbak, no chance of leaving it at home or anything, always convenient and transfers from bike to bike. Sometimes put one on the bars for racing. But I do like that one.

docgeoffyjones

Nothing in that photo is neat. I wish I could come round so I could sort those brake hoses out.

What is the problem?

The only thing that could be improved is to have it smaller so it´s recessed into the steerer tube instead of sitting above it so that your height there isn´t increased but that´s a small thing.

Agreed I am going to try design a recessed/lower stack height one this evening.

docgeoffyjones

I have a bombwatch on the strap of my camelbak

That is a really good idea for multiple bikes.

I googled bombwatch but i don’t think it is what you are talking about:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Stem CAPtain’ is closed to new replies.