Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • steering wheels/pedals etc for games consoles
  • iDave
    Free Member

my daughter needs to learn to drive. are there any of those games pedal and steering wheel things that would be of any help for pedal operation etc?

and any games that may represent driving on normal roads a little more than grand theft auto, given that we don’t live in Longsight?

Admiralable
    Free Member

Gran Turismo 5!!!! Teaches her all about racing lines and braking distances 🙂

But the pedals probably won’t help much. BSM used to have a driving simulator though in some branches.

Drac

Which format and not really as they tend not to have a clutch.

iDave
    Free Member

XBOX360 or wii

Admiralable
    Free Member

Ah well you got inferior consoles there. So no help at all 😉

Most driving games are racing games which wouldn’t really give her much help on the road. And you also get 2 pedals and as said earlier no clutch.

iDave
    Free Member

Oh god no, I have no consoles at all! I lead a game famine life.

Her brothers don’t though….

I may take her to the family farm in Ireland for a weekend driving round fields in circles.

Drac

Foza is supposed to be the best for 360. Have fun with wheels for the 360 though MS don’t like 3rd party ones as much as Sony. Ironic thing is my one for the PS3 also works with windows.

For more realistic teen driving try need for speed hot pursuit, she can learn to out run the rozzers.

Rosss
    Free Member

Test drive unlimited on xbox is a free roam game that could be a huge help. The only steering wheel with a clutch pedal and gear stick is this http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=200&lang= It would be perfect however i’d hold your breath before you chech out the price. However i use the standard xbox 360 wheel for forza, test drive etc and its brilliant, just lacks the clutch.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I may take her to the family farm in Ireland for a weekend driving round fields in circles.

In fairness, if she went out on the roads, she’d be sharing them with others who have about as much experience.

Stoner
    Free Member

for learning the mechanics of driving it’s as good an approach as any other.

I first “drove” sat on my old man’s knee steering the tractor when I was 6. I was driving a tractor at 14 and then was allowed to drive the car up and down the farm roads before I went out on the roads to maim and kill interact with other people.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘steering wheels/pedals etc for games consoles’ is closed to new replies.