Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Steerer tubes on 29" forks
  • rhid

Is it correct to assume that as a very general rule they are shorter than their 26″ wheeled bike counterparts? The longer forks lead to a higher front end so shorter steerers?

I am looking for a 2nd hand pair of 120mm forks and all the steerers seem to be very short (in 26″ terms). This has been making me hesitant to commit to buying a pair but am I being overly cautious?

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

correct indeed

daveh
    Free Member

I wouldn’t be buying forks with a cut steerer if I didn’t know what frame I was going to fit them to. If I did know what frame I was going to fit them to I would also know what length steerer I needed…

njee20
    Free Member

I wouldn’t be buying forks with a cut steerer if I didn’t know what frame I was going to fit them to. If I did know what frame I was going to fit them to I would also know what length steerer I needed…

This

letmetalktomark

Not as straight forward as you think.

Some 29er HTs will be short other less so.

My new 29er frame will have a 140mm HT for example.

This doesn’t necessarily correlate to frame size either.

44mm HTs also through up some misleading instance of short steerers too depending on steerer configuration e.g. tapered or not.

I share the same thoughts as Dave

daveh – Member

I wouldn’t be buying forks with a cut steerer if I didn’t know what frame I was going to fit them to. If I did know what frame I was going to fit it to I would also know what length steerer I needed…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Steerer tubes on 29" forks’ is closed to new replies.