Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Steerer tube length for a bike I don't even have (Cotic content)
  • thebunk

Whats the minimum length steerer tube for a small Cotic Soul? About to chop one for a different bike, the Cotic is but a glimmer in my eye at the mo.

ta,

thebunk

theboatman
    Free Member

Got a medium soul, and steerer is 185mm, this accomodates a thomson stem, 2.5mm spacer and hope headset. Headtube is 10mm shorter on a small. But when folk post pics of their Souls loads seem to have a big stack of spacers in there, so I imagine most folk have a longer one than me 😯

thebunk

Cheers theboatman, brave of you to admit that 😀

nuke

100m for the small…so with a CB headset and FSA stem, you could get away with a 155mm steerer 😯 😉

Vortexracing

I have a 195mm steerer on my pikes on my Small Soul with 20mm of spacers under a thompson stem using a hope headset.

Deano100
    Free Member

I'd agree with Boatman. I've just bought a small, I don't like spacers and prefer to run the stem right down the stack.

I'm coming to terms with the fact I'll need 15mm of spacers as front end is too low.

Depends on the length of your fork I guess. If you're going to run 140 then the front end will probably high enough not to want spacers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Steerer tube length for a bike I don't even have (Cotic content)’ is closed to new replies.