Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Steerer too short! Options?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

all this chat of lower headset top caps and such doesnt really solve his issue does it ….. none of that moves his stem any further north.

the right way to do it is a new CSU , I have one of them steerer extensions on my utility bike…. it A looks shonky and B has a silly amount of leverage on a clamp in a direction it was never designed to do. I can live with it as i dont really get gnar on my bike while riding the roads and paths to work and shops BUT i wouldnt not fancy it on my downhill bike for example….

Northwind

trail_rat – Member

all this chat of lower headset top caps and such doesnt really solve his issue does it ….. none of that moves his stem any further north.

No but it all gives you more room to maneuvre with stem choice etc- going downwards can let you pick a stem that goes more upwards.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I do appreciate all the comments and helpful suggestions, but I think trail rat had confirmed my suspicions.

Everything else seemed like a compromise. Northwind, I was up for the idea of a stem with a bit of rise, but the stack height on most of them was too much.

Solved my problem in the only way I know how. Spending a stupid amount of money on a new fork I probably can’t afford 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Steerer too short! Options?’ is closed to new replies.