• This topic has 28 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by moose.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Steeper riding than the Sweary Northerners but less sweary.
  • wwaswas

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEGD7j_JjoM[/video]

atlaz
    Free Member

Holy
    Shit

deviant
    Free Member

Good video. It said Remy Metallier at the end of the video, if that’s him in there then that kind of steep, rooty, off camber riding will do him the world of good….he seems to spend most of his time at Whistler on smooth groomed trails…he has incredible skills no doubt but he got found out when he secured a wild card entry at the Mont Saint Anne WC and didn’t even make it through qualifying to the top 80 riders….some training on this kind of lairy tech stuff will stand him in good stead going forward.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Now those are proper trails.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’ll be impressed when he does it on a 100mm hardtail with a bald back tyre.

cinnamon_girl

Like.

What’s happened to the Sweary Northerners, there’s been no vids for yonks. Not seen ton for a while either, hope he’s OK.

legend
    Free Member

stevenmenmuir – Member
    I’ll be impressed when he does it on a 100mm hardtail with a bald back tyre.

ssssshhhhhh!! he’ll hear you!

raisinhat
    Free Member

some training on this kind of lairy tech stuff will stand him in good stead going forward.

Don’t know why he should even bother tbh. He’s sponsored up the wazoo for making videos doing slo-mo freeride flicks and roost shots, so why put in a bunch of training and hard work to still get thrashed by people living out of their van at a race?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I think he’s waiting at the bottom on his road bike.

dannyh
    Free Member

Blimey, they must have some strong winds there to blow all the trees over to such an extreme angle.

akira

Not strong winds just French trees.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I know the camera flattens stuff and I’d probably not ride it that quick but that looks like a fun trail, the sort of stuff I like to try.

dannyh
    Free Member

I know the camera flattens stuff and I’d probably not ride it that quick but that looks like a fun trail, the sort of stuff I like to try.

Hmmm. It’s one of those ones where each individual steep bit is probably just about do-able (for a numpty like me). But the fact that you actually have to get the bike stopped and steer it before the next bit comes up about a second later is what would cause me to take the more direct (but more painful) route down the hill.

One thing for sure – if I did try to ride it, I know I’d be wearing my darkest coloured shorts and pants.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Good video. It said Remy Metallier at the end of the video, if that’s him in there then that kind of steep, rooty, off camber riding will do him the world of good….he seems to spend most of his time at Whistler on smooth groomed trails..

Yes, because everything in Whistler is smooth & groomed.

You know he’s only been racing a couple of years, right? And most of them have been locals Phat Wednesday races. A World Cup is quite a step up.

Not strong winds just French trees.

It’s in Whistler.

I think it’s Trespasser. Or at least some of it.

Its pretty nuts. That was a survival trail for me on my little bike, not quite got the skills of Barelli 🙂

taxi25
    Free Member

Looks like the Machen mast trails on steroids 😯 😯

curiousyellow
    Free Member

This guy makes some quality videos though.

tmb467
    Free Member

Do like his reference to the width of his bars towards the end when it gets tight!

Wide bars in the trees!

mcnultycop

When I drag my brakes down slopes I get abuse. 😉

jamj1974

Love that. I love steep trails but I know I would: –
    A). Be a lot, lot, lot slower
    B). Likely crash
    C). Need to have a second go to clear some of it 1/100 as smoothly

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I’d like to ride that, the first third looked like I could ride it at a half decent pace but I think I’d have to section the really steep stuff quite a lot so I could ride it smoothly and not wrap myself round a tree.

From experience of riding some cheeky steep runs i with people who have come off, it’s very easy to make a tiny mistake at slow speed and end up concussed. Low margin for error.

That’s old school riding though, reminds me of the kinds of riding people used to look for back in the 90s and early 2000’s – when I was growing up around the sport. Techy and steep is the best. 😀 I hope this kind of riding comes back into fashion and we see more of it.

spacemonkey

I’d have a go at some of that .. .but only on a bike with phat brakes and my ‘arris tickling the rear rubber.

bigjim

I’m sure Remy will be grateful for the constructive criticism and advice from stw

ironnigel
    Free Member

What DannyH said. But with Pooh in my shorts for real!

_tom_
    Free Member

Exactly the kind of riding I hate, cause I can’t ride it well at all! Give me fast groomed jump trails any day! Fun to watch though,I just get no enjoyment from riding such things.

badbob
    Free Member

i could do all of that, in a very rapid, random , uncontrolled manner.

full of fear and terror, before the concussion set it

matt_outandabout

It’s that the back of Morrison’s in Preston?

chris85
    Free Member

Nice video, and good riders, this kind of riding is becoming more favourable thank God! Steep technical riding, I bet it’s not piss wet through though!!! 😮

slowoldman

I’d much rather watch this (or be able to do it) than all that dull as ditch water Red Bull aerobatics.

moose
    Free Member

I know some cheeky tracks like this Cleethorpes way.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Steeper riding than the Sweary Northerners but less sweary.’ is closed to new replies.