Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Steel toe cap saftey trainers, are Dewalts worth the extra $?
  • ski
    Free Member

Any steel toe cap trainer workers here?

Need to replace my last work shoes (Site Mercury Safety Trainer) which were fine for just over a year, but the soles are now splitting and coming away.

Looking mostly for something that is light and comfortable as I clock up quite a few miles on my feet each day (factory worker).

What do you find comfortable for work?

Ta

iolo
    Free Member

Does your employer allow trainer type shoes? many don’t.
    Someone will come around soon and tell you why as I have no idea what the problem is.

Kuco

They are banned at a lot of places as they offer no ankle protection same reason why riggers are banned at a lot of places.

Riggers are banned where I work but you can wear trainers for certain jobs even though a lot of riggers now come with padded ankles. We have argued till we are blue in the face why we can’t wear riggers but yet they are happy for us to wear wellies/waders all day that offer no ankle protection what ever.

lukedwr
    Free Member

I have DeWalts currently. Seem to be more hardwearing – and I use mine for walks/rides too. Price isn’t an issue as I can get whatever I want (work pay obv) but recently the cheaper ones have not been as hardwearing. Main issues were the quality of stitching/how quickly heel compressed. I was only getting 3-4 months use as against 6-7 I used to get. DeWalts seem better already after 3 months.

ski
    Free Member

Yep, we can use safety trainers as long as they are S1 or above rated.

breadcrumb

I’ve used DeWalts for years now, comfiest boots I’ve found.

These ones.

I get well over a year from a pair, probably about 2 years. I’m a fabricator and crawl about a bit too.

They look pretty good when they’re new, the toe isn’t bulky at all.

ski
    Free Member

Cheers breadcrumb

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Don’t know about the trainers, but the dewalt boots I use are about to die after 2 years of hard use. I’ll probably replace them with another pair.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Was just going to post about DeWalt Apprentice, but on clicking breadcrumb’s link, I see they’re the ones he’s linked. They’re excellent. I’ve been using them for years. Really light and comfy for all day wear. (There’s a very similar pair from DeWalt called “Bolster” which I tried as well, but they were nowhere near as comfy as the Apprentices.) Search around on google, they can be had for ££ less than Screwfix charge for them.

(Apologies for recommending boots when you asked about trainers, but this is STW 😀 )

tymbian
    Free Member

I’ve been wearing safety boots/ shoes for 30 yrs. I wouldn’t use safety trainers due to lack of support. I’m currently using Dewalt Recip waterproof safety shoes/ boots These and would buy them again. I wear safety boots more than any other footwear ( 8 – 10 hrs daily, 5 – 6 days a week ) so don’t mind spending money on the right shoe. I didn’t pay the asking price as I got them as an end of line stock item at B&Q. They are worth £50 though. They are coming to the end of their life now after 12 months of hard abuse and are actually waterproof, not like the Scruffs I had before them that only lasted 8 months and Weren’t waterproof. I’d pay £100+ ( and have) for the right workboots.
    So yes the Dewalt boots ( can’t vouch for their trainers) are worth their money for heavy abuse un-like some of their power-tools..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Steel toe cap saftey trainers, are Dewalts worth the extra $?’ is closed to new replies.