Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Steel hardtail with v-brake bosses – HELP!
  • wallop

Or… you could give me your brand spanking new Soul frame, and I’ll give you my old one which still has the bosses on it 8)

No? oh… OK.

18BikesMatt
    Free Member

i thought that the old braze-on bosses were a bit of a short-lived gimmick that never really worked (correct me if i’m wrong) but this option would certainly appeal if it’s a real possibility.

A lot of bosses are brazed on at the factory originally so provided it’s done right there is no issue with strength. We can TIG or Braze though so it’s the customers choice really

Matt

gairym
    Free Member

Or… you could give me your brand spanking new Soul frame, and I’ll give you my old one which still has the bosses on it

hmmm…..i am tempted but i think no.

cheers for the offer though!

A lot of bosses are brazed on at the factory originally so provided it’s done right there is no issue with strength. We can TIG or Braze though so it’s the customers choice really

Matt

for now i’m going to give the BB7’s a try as the guy is bringing the frame to France as he’s coming to see Le Tour anyway and so it works out nicely but…..if i hate them i’m going to be back in Blighty (and riding in the Peaks) in late October and so could you give me an idea of the price of the two options you mention.

it’d be easy enough to sort getting it re-sprayed via a mate once the work was done and so it’s definitely not a bad option (as i hate the colour of the frame anyway).

let me know.

cheers, gairy.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Unless something is very different on your plant to mine, and you can sset up some BB7s (it’s easy), it’s inconceivable that you won’t prefer them.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I’m with GW, never had a problem with v brakes in all the time I’ve been riding. One of the bikes I have now has got a v brake on the back and a disk on the front, it’s lightweight and cheap/easy to maintain.

Back brakes have always been about scrubbing off a little speed anyway, it’s those clumsy riders who need to lock the things. 😉 Though I can lock the wheel with a v brake too…

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Steel hardtail with v-brake bosses – HELP!’ is closed to new replies.