• This topic has 12 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by dlr.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Steel hardtail with 30.9/31.6 seat post?
  • dlr

Hi

Currently have a 16″ BFe as a small play bike but looking for a cheapish steel frame to move the bits onto for a winter hack which will be big enough to pedal properly ie 18″+ and want to be able to use one of my current droppers ie 30.9 or 31.6, struggling to find anything atm as most steel frames are 27.2 could always get a 19″ BFe but just wondering if there are other options

cheers

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

why not get an alu one?

dlr

Dodgy back although I guess in all the mud and filth the ground would be soft enough that any difference in frame stiff/harshness would be pretty irrelevant….? Certainly tons of cheap ali frames out there with suitable post sizes…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

A 19inch BFe is pretty harsh, I have one. Probably harsher than an xc alu frame like the on one scandal.

packer
    Free Member

I think all the Ragley frames use the larger post sizes.

geologist
    Free Member

blue pig, 30.9 and 250 quid in crc sale

dlr

Ta for the insight david. Scandal nice but need a bit more fork travel. Will look at the ragleys, cheers

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Evil Sovereign takes a 31.6 post and is basically the same as a BFe, but with a seat tube gusset, and therefore one million per cent better.

Available in sensible, pedal-able sizes but not cheap for a new one.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

How much travel do the forks have?

dlr

u turn revs 120-150, still want something a bit fun, Piglet looks good although I could probably pick up a second hand gravity dropper and a 456 frame for similar, had one of them before and I know it fitted. Soveriegn is nice but yer bit to expensive, just after something for the winter to avoid maiming the full susser when not needed knee deep in mud heh

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Ive got a 17.5 inch Bfe frame for sale if you’re interested?

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-cotic-bfe-853-frame-medium-in-orange-2

M6TTF
    Free Member

Crc got some cube hardtail frames going cheap atm

dlr

Slightly too small ta David. Will take a look through crc as lots of options if I just get an alu frame instead

cheers anyway all 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Steel hardtail with 30.9/31.6 seat post?’ is closed to new replies.