Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Steel flat bar commuter – find me one like the Charge Scourer
  • BearBack
    Free Member

Hi,

My sister, London based is after a steel (or non-hydroformed alloy) flat bar geared commuter bike.

She loves the look and package of the Charge Scourer Here
    BUT, on test ride, it appears that the chain stays cause heel interference when pedalling.
    She’s not come across this on any other test rides and apparently Charge are aware and its a result of having a disc mount out back.
    My sis also notices that the rear mech braize-on sticks out further that the chainstay so also hits that with her heel every pedal stroke..

I admonished her for being duck footed, but its a known problem…aparently.. not her physiology

Anywho,

Can anyone suggest her some alternatives ?

upto £650
    700 or 650 wheelset
    straight tubed
    not highly branded
    not pink

sub 26lbs

Cheers

ttf
    Free Member

http://www.peakcyclesport.com/moda-moda-chord-flatbar-road-bike-2011.html this comes to mind… I guess it’s not the best looking, nice and plain bike but it’s not awful looking…

chitrekker
    Free Member

The first thing I noticed when riding this bike was the heel catch, but. Buy pedals that have a longer space to the crank, or check out Harris Cyclery website, they have pedal extentions than solve the problem, not expensive. I love this bike.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Steel flat bar commuter – find me one like the Charge Scourer’ is closed to new replies.