Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Steel Cross/Gravel Frames
  • colin27
    Free Member

I’m interested in a nice steel cross frame to replace my road bike. Got to have discs, clearance for decent size tyres (up to 40c ish). Why does it seem like there are either quite reasonably priced frames (Cotic Escapade, Genesis Croix, etc) that are potentially quite heavy but under £400, and really nice expensive frames (Shand, Enigma, etc) that are beautiful and light but more than a grand, but nothing in the middle? What is the road/cross equivalent of a Cotic Soul or a Stanton – something made from decent quality steel, doesn’t weight a tonne and comes in around the £500-600 mark? Any ideas?

Duc
    Free Member

There’s quite a cost difference between non branded steel and high end 853 – but the Singular Kite is circa 750 form memory and is reasonably light

joshvegas
    Free Member

Plug 5 frame in ebay?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    colin27
    Free Member

Singular is a good shout. Hadn’t seen that. Ebay is also a good thought. More to ponder…

RestlessNative
    Free Member

Ritchey swiss cross on sale

I’m just building up one of these. 40mm fits in the fork ok but too tight out back, really 35mm to allow for some mud room.

dis40
    Free Member

The Light Blue ‘Darwin’ is quite nice, £550 frame and fork and weights about 4 lb (or the Robinson but can not fit quite as big tires0.

Not a cross frame but good for gravel riding (has long head tube so can get bars bit higher)

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Niner RLT half price at http://www.topfun.com

rOcKeTdOg

my cotic x frame and carbon forks will be for sale imminently size 58cm

JPR
    Free Member

As Vegas mentioned there’s charge plug 5’s on ebay still: ebaylinky

Nice frame, looks nice and skinny. My relatively heavy build came out at 10.6 kg. A carbon fork would go a long way to sneaking it in under 10 kg.

colin27
    Free Member

That Niner looks rather nice, with it’s random orange blob on the forks. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Nipper99
    Free Member

I’m building up one of these at the moment. All City MKing.

OCB
    Free Member

Salsa Vaya ? Perhaps a bit on the heavier side, and I don’t think I’d race CX on it, but certainly a capable enough bike for a decent range of riding. Mine’s happily running 42’s.

cynic-al
    Free Member

potentially quite heavy but under £400, and really nice expensive frames (Shand, Enigma, etc) that are beautiful and light

I’d love to know the weight difference.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Steel Cross/Gravel Frames’ is closed to new replies.