Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Steel City DH who is going or entered?
  • andeh

It was a really fun day! I had an absolute blast. There was a good turn out and the crowds were great, cheering all the way down 😀 Big thanks to the organisers, everything ran very smoothly.

I got 29th in seniors on my hardtail, which I’m pretty pleased with. I was buggered for my second run though, too much practicing I think.

EDIT: Oh, and the track builders/volunteers have done a fantastic job over the last couple of weeks. The track was running really well, much more flowy than the previous incarnation.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Seeing that pink giant reign in the flesh was weird, I’ve seen it on here sooo many times 😉 The day was amazing, peaty was sound as anything and my 2.5 year old neice wanted to ride her balance bike on it!

Anyone know of the lad who got taken off by mountain rescue is ok? He landed hard on the first jump.

Bike of the day had to be the emelle haha such a quality atmosphere.

flyingmonkeycorps

I finished somewhere near the back of Masters (but I don’t *think* I was last!). Such an awesome day though, great atmosphere!

thepodge
    Free Member

Are the results up anywhere, I can’t find them

Tracey

We had a great day from start to finish. Well organised cant wait for the next one

flyingmonkeycorps

I gave Abigale a good shout on at least one of her runs 😀

Don’t *think* results are up yet.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Aye, fun day.

22nd in masters for me, which I’m sort of OK with. Really struggled to haul the bike round in that new bermy section. More practice needed.

Someone needs to tell Peaty that if he’s that desperate for a BFe frame, all he needs to do is ask… (and how f…ing fast was he despite flappy stormtrooper costume!!!)

…and likewise, huge thanks to all the marshals and trail fairies…

Anybody got any good pics?

Jon (100)

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I’m looking for results as didn’t stop around.

duncan

Results (and a couple of thousand photos) are now up on Roots & Rain:

http://www.rootsandrain.com/race1904/2013-may-4-steel-city-dh-greno-woods/

A most excellent day out. Thanks to everyone involved in organising!

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Oooh. Ta for that Duncan.

creaser
    Free Member

Top day in the woods, I got 2nd in vets well happy

hora
    Free Member

The guy on the shonky old cheap touring/hybrid? Is a hero 8)

wysiwyg
    Free Member

14th I’ll settle.
    2nd run I came off course and lost a good 4/5 secs and was only 3 seconds off my lap 1

hora
    Free Member

+1 Tracey.

I ate both the burger and Mexican. Fat knacker 8)

matthew_h
    Free Member

Seems my prediction from earlier in the thread of a 650b bike winning was correct. So, in 3 years of the race it has been won on 3 different size wheels.

I had a great day on the start tower sending everyone on their way. Good to meet so many people having a fun day

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Ignore me double post

rob-jackson
    Free Member
Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Steel City DH who is going or entered?’ is closed to new replies.