Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Steel City DH 2016
  • matthew_h
    Free Member

The date for this year’s Steel City DH has been announced – April 16th

I’ll be there marshalling the start line again.

Who else is planning on going? Racing, marshalling or spectating?

Tracey

Abigale is hoping to get a place in the lottery draw. She can’t think of a better way of celebrating her 18th birthday. Hope she isn’t going to be disappointed.

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

After wandering up to the woods to watch for the first time last year, I want in this time!

Looked like almost as fun to race as to spectate, hope I can get a place in the ballot.

If not then I suppose a few of Bradfield’s finest and some cowbell action will be in order.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    darrenspink
    Free Member

Will try to get a place, and if not i’ll drag my kids down to watch.

sprocker
    Free Member

I am going for a place or watching.

finbar
    Free Member

I’ll be going to watch. Not been before but moved to Hillsborough last summer so it would be rude not to.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Watching or riding. It will be one or the other hopefully. And to the tight arses who parked on the road last year don’t be such tools this year it’s free to get in so at least do your bit and pay farmer John!

cp

I’ll hopefully be there this year. Keep meaning to get there every year! Hopefully riding, but watching/photoing if not…

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Do you know when entries open?

I’ll try get a place, was good fun last year, apart from breaking a wheel 😳

Grizedale enduro on the Sunday too 🙂

Tracey

Up to date info here

http://www.steelcitydh.com/2016/peatys-steel-city-dh-2016-lastorders/

Agree on the car parking, who in their right mind would want to leave a car on that stretch of road when a car park is available for a couple of pounds.

chrisrobs
    Free Member

bump

flyingmonkeycorps

I shall be racing this year, god help me…

wysiwyg
    Free Member

As its not double yellows. Can they stop you?

jonnyseven

There are no road markings to stop you parking but the event runs on a charitable basis so they provide a place for parking off the where a couple of quid for parking goes to the chosen causes.

The aim is also to keep the road clear for local traffic (goodwill for the event) and to not cause obstruction on a relatively narrow road. The tools that double park on both sides of the road are generally selfish knobs that undermine the event*.
    *personal opinion

hora
    Free Member

Fear of being trapped in an event field that turns to mud and/or is a wueue to get out of?

NEITHER has ever happened to me at steel city when I’ve been there. Always the same person doing the parking payment too 😆

Plus why would you want your car clipping – people sometimes park both sides on the road.

Theres always lifestyle Mitsubishi or Toyota pickups on the road- for a fast getaway to ‘Degla?

Madness.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

hopefully gonna get over to watch again, it’s a good fun day! don’t want to risk entering right before the Dyfi…

antares
    Free Member

*personal opinion

That is also a fact 🙂

steveh

We’re talking with the council at the moment about the parking problems. Looks like we’ll end up spending about £2k on TRO and no parking cones to make it enforceable on the day. It’s a shame to have to do it but needs must.

Details will be out for the entry ballot soon (ish).

hora
    Free Member

FFS 🙁

sharkattack

Will the parking be in the farm again? At the end of the day last year I saw a car that had been kicked to death. All dented and covered in muddy foot prints. Anyone know whose it was?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Steel City DH 2016’ is closed to new replies.