Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Steel bottle cages
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

That much better than plastic ones? Got some bonty plastic ones and bottles have stayed put but never seemed to fit really. Worth looking beyond King cages? Ta

trail_rat
    Free Member

Blackburn mtn for me , sleeved joint not welded , i kept breaking welded joints

tootallpaul

King cages. Light, look great, and don’t mark your bottles.

http://www.kingcage.com/

Charlie the Bikemonger sells em.

njee20
    Free Member

I used to use Elite Ciussi Inox SS ones (or something!), they were ok, broke in the end. Now use Mt Zoom ti, very good.

fontmoss
    Free Member

Cheers, might put king cages on the christmas list (how exciting) and worth pointing out sideways also do king cages. Although charlie has them reduced from 15.99 to 15.90?!

SidewaysTim

Done them and used them for years. Couldn’t recomend them highly enough and Ron who makes them is a star!

King Cage

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc5wo0a3yxs[/video]

MSP

The king cages don’t seem to grip most bottles very well (although they match camelback podium bottles perfectly). Generally I have found the Elite Ciussi Inox ones much better and a lot cheaper.

ourmaninthenorth

Ciussi for me – squash them a bit for an extra tight grip.

fontmoss
    Free Member

MSP, seem more expensive rather than less? £20 on crc

Looks like might have a link to sideways on santas list this year

MSP

I seem to recall paying 25 quid each for my king cages, whereas I actually picked up some Elite Ciussi in Halfords for 5.99 each, maybe I just got lucky.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Cheap eg ETC side loaders. Never dropped a bottle. Bend to suit if needed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Steel bottle cages’ is closed to new replies.