Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Steaming Up
  • lucien

How can I stop my glasses steaming up when I ride?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member
    ahwiles
    Free Member

wear less – your evaporated sweat is condensing on the cold lenses, if you’re cooler you’ll sweat less, so less steaming.

gothandy

I wear glasses and have tried all sorts of things but have settled on using a spare pair of normal glasses for biking, because they don’t wrap around there is plenty of air and they don’t steam up half as bad as the more stylish alternatives. Even compared to mates who have cycle specific glasses I find my normal pair win out. I do wonder why this style of glasses is available to people who have good vision! But I guess fashion counts for a lot in this game.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Keep riding and moving,air flow is your friend 😀

lucien

Cheers for the replies – still unsure what to do.

@ awhiles, so when I slow for more technical parts of riding, if I have been bumbling along at a fair pace, it’s hard to cool down?

@ nicolaisam, it’s on glasses that are deisigned to be ridding on a bike (Endura Stingray) and are vented for aiflow but still seem to get the problem. Once steamed up, there is then condensation running down the inside so no amount of airflow seems to clear this.

What does anyone else do?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Use the stuff I recommended. It really does work!

lucien

Thanks TJ – busy surfing to buy now…….. 🙂

MRanger156
    Free Member

On uphill sections I take mine off and secure onto the loops on the straps of my backpack. I can do this whilst riding so isn’t a faff. If they are steamed up I put them on the end of my nose to get more airflow – works a treat.

AntLockyer
    Free Member

Washing up liquid. rub it on and wipe it off. I use it inside my motorbike visor and even when breathing on the lens directly it doesn’t steam up.

philconsequence
    Free Member

similarly to washing up liquid…. shaving foam polished into the lenses 🙂

Wally

Candle wax buffed out.

aP
    Free Member

Push them down your nose a bit, if they’re too close tontine face they’ll steam up when you’re climbing.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Contacts.

30 pair if daily disposables from asda. Job done.

No more steaming up and no more muddy glasses.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Steaming Up’ is closed to new replies.