Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Steam train fans
  • Harry_the_Spider
    bigyinn
    Free Member

Shame Mallard isn’t a runner anymore, but at least there others.

Im still not sure about the temp repatriation of the two A4s from North America. Very nice though it is, again they’re not runners, just static exhibits.
    There are a lot of rusting hulks out there that could have benefitted from the monies spent on bringing the two non runners back over to the UK.

plumber
    Free Member

I’ve boboked to go and take some pics in York

Steam (working or not) nice

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos

I have a steam railway that runs past the bottom of my garden. Think this is a fairly bog standard one, but they have some specials occasionally that gets the anoraks out in force

mintimperial

I am definitely going to be there. My rail-obsessive 4yo son is probably going to explode when he sees Mallard and his five “brothers” all in the Great Hall together. 🙂

Macgyver

My mum and dad did a steam hauled day out last year. Had to pick them up from a local little station. Bittern was the engine hauling that day, boy are they big bits of kit. Especially from track level!
    I love big engineering me!

paul4stones

Someone has just sent me an email about a couple of trips, one through the Tyne Valley and one Newcastle/Morpeth way on Saturday 🙂

StirlingCrispin

This site tells you where and when – there are more steam trains than I’d realised.
    http://www.beholder.co.uk/steam/

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

North Yorkshire Moors railway Spring Gala
    3-12 May, Pickering. Sir Nigel Gresley, A4 Pacific #60007, should be running. It’s in not quite the same blue as Mallard as someone picked me up on in the other favourite trains thread.
    Big day out for train anoraks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Steam train fans’ is closed to new replies.