Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Stealth Reverb Sagging – quick fix or warranty – not old
  • paulneenan76
    Free Member

My Rose went into the LBS and next ride the stealth reverb has a bit of a sag on it. Went to Wales at the weekend and it annoyed me. Is there a quick fix – top up pressure – or best to get it sorted under warranty?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Check the air pressure and do a bleed. If that doesn’t fix it then its a warranty job.

ehrob

Throw in bin

Buy any other dropper

You’re welcome

Seriously, I have one Reverb left, and I just accept the sag and raise the post to compensate.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Neither air pressure nor remote bleed are likely to fix this in my experience. I’ve warrantied 4 (or 5 maybe, I forget) so far.
    It’s a failure mode that is covered by the warranty. If under 2 years old, send it back and they’ll probably just send you a brand new one.

God knows what happens to all of reverbs that have been sent back.
    Based on sample of mates’ failure rates, I’d estimate that there are between 1 & 2 warranty returns to every purchase. Where do they all go?
    It would be a nice little business opportunity refurb’ing those and reselling ’em.

Northwind

Both. It’s a pretty easy fix- the AFP needs reset. It’s not really any harder than a fork service- not for everyone but a competent DIY spannerist could fix it. There’s a £5 AFP height tool that’s useful enough to make it worth buying, and you need an oil level setting tool to do it right (which in my case, is a narrow straw with a syring glued to the end). And a vice with soft jaws. It took me a couple of hours at a nice leaisurely place the first time, I reckon I could do it in under an hour.

it’s a sort of underlying flaw of the AFP seal- sometimes it doesn’t seal as well as it should. So it doesn’t even need a single replacement part (because any replacement AFP seal has the same issue- not much point in replacing it. Supposedly replacing the original seal with a plain oring can fix it but I’ve not tried that.)

But bizarrely when I warrantied mine they replaced the whole thing.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Thanks all. I’m unlikely to fully tinker so will have a go upping pressure then get it sorted under warrantsy

pigyn
    Free Member

Northwind – the new updated IFP is a much tighter fit, blue plastic flanged thing rather than the metal with o-ring setup. Next time you need to do it pop into pedals and I can sell you a new one for a grand £5. Then you can waste less of your life servicing reverbs.

rascal
    Free Member

Pigyn – I have a 2013 Reverb with a bend IFP – been told I need a full service kit @ £90. Will this new bit be good for mine so I do t have to buy that kit?

Northwind

Ooh cheers Pigyn- the one that’s giving me bother just now is under warranty still so I’ll probably just go that route but I’ll remember that for the other one!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Stealth Reverb Sagging – quick fix or warranty – not old’ is closed to new replies.