Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Stealth Reverb
  • philxx1975
    Free Member

So every ride it stops working and needs constant bleeding.

its not leaking at either barb and has been bled over and over, usually just a remote bleed cures it but by the end of a two hour ride its basically non functional and I’m now bored of doing it

Anyone any ideas?

andyl
    Free Member

Or is it in warranty? You could send it off for a service if not and you don’t fancy a crack yourself

Failing that if it’s 31.6, 125mm drop and 380 length sell it to me as I’ll strip it and rebuild it.

tripler
    Free Member

Is your (ahem) knob stiff to push in? Maybe the stem doesn’t need bleeding but perhaps the cable is trapped, hence the stiff knob. That’s what happened to mine so I rerouted the cable and all was good.

philxx1975
    Free Member

Sorry forgot to say Stealth reverb, its not even 2 weeks old and hasn’t worked from day 1 properly

I have read they aren’t too hot to start if you have one that’s a bugger from the start

andyl
    Free Member

I’d take/send it back for a warranty rebuild/replacement.

wiggles
    Free Member

Send it back and will be sorted by fishers

jam-bo

Mine was like that. It was the barb connection at the post end leaking slightly. Reset it and it’s been fine since.

DickBarton

How tight is your seat clamp?

philxx1975
    Free Member

Seatclamp isn’t tight, it works fine after a bleed then progressively drops off over time.

I bled it last night to go out today and this morning it would neither go up nor down.

The lever pushbutton is about halfway and was solid, you can pull the pushlock lever out.

Odd thing is the barb joints are bone dry and not leaking at those points so I’m stumped?

DickBarton

Send it back…doesn’t sound right at all.

extremenik
    Free Member

Hi I have had the same problem, when bled properly the lever should be in the full out position. I had to bleed the lever and put pressure on the syringe to fill the lever assembly fully and extend the lever. without this it wont work.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Stealth Reverb’ is closed to new replies.