Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Stealth post pulls down.
  • adamhicks
    Free Member

Hi All,

I was on here recently asking who has stealth’s in stock, thank you for the links, all arrived now. However, I can’t get the bloody thing to work. Pressure has been checked and its been bled. However, the post wont go up, and if you pull the post up by hand it then pulls back to the lower position. Has anyone come across this problem? If so, what was your solution?

Cheers

Adam

legend
    Free Member

and if you pull the post up by hand it then pulls back to the lower position.

thats what they all do, and it can end up causing issues so try not to pull on the saddle when its down.

Did you pressurise it when up or down? Same question for bleeding? All work (bleeding and charging) should be done in the up position.

How did you get it down in the first place?

adamhicks
    Free Member

Cheers. Pressurised and bled in lower position as that the position it was in after installation. Could be the problem, but if I can’t get it up in the first place….

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Just being stealthy innit!

carlos
    Free Member

Worth a try to attach syringe as per bleeding to the bar end, press syringe and pressurise the system best you can then push the plunger. Make sure the speed dial is on fast and after a couple of goes it should go up. Then bleed as normal and everything should be tickety boo.

Worked when I did a buddies, but maybe I was just lucky.

Hth

Jocko
    Free Member

If its on the bike over tightening the seatpost clamp can cause this – back it off and test it.

adamhicks
    Free Member

Awesome, I’ve tried the seatclamp tightness to no avail. Shall try again tomorrow for the bleeding, shall report back tomorrow. Cheers!

adamhicks
    Free Member

Carlos: That was the one for me, got the post up and then plain sailing from there. Cheers.

carlos
    Free Member

No worries mate. Glad you got it sorted. 😀

BillOddie

Pressurised and bled in lower position

That’ll be your problem.

timbo678
    Free Member

Ahhhhhhh got the same problem, pressure is correct & system bled, tried the above tactic but when I press the plunger the syringe goes back up, if I apply force both ends then the syringe leaks!

Driving me nuts!!

timbo678
    Free Member

So I have bled it countless times, the pressure is fine (250 at the full extension) but the post won’t go to its full extension.

When I hold down the button and pull the post to it’s full extension then the button stays in and the post will stay up until any pressure is applied at which point it goes back down an inch or so. Convinced it must be to do with the bleeding but I don’t know what else I can do….so frustrating

Please…anyone…help me

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Stealth post pulls down.’ is closed to new replies.