• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by br.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • stealth dropper post routing on 2015 Stumpy? anyone?
  • lardman
    Free Member

On my 2014 Spesh Enduro there’s a little hole on the bottom of the DT to run the stealth reverb i have and it fits just fine. Lovely

On my new 2015 Stumpy, there’s no such hole… Does the TT entry hole allow the (seemingly) wider hose from a Reverb through? the Spesh dropper post is currently running it’s cable through the hole, but ive heard that it’s too small for a reverb.

Anyone running a Stealth Reverb on a 2015 stumpy? Where are you running it? TT? or through some DT place ive not seen?

trusty

I think only the carbon frame has proper stealth routing, my aluminium frame only has the internal top tube routing. The entry hole by the steerer is slightly too small to fit a reverb, but I’ve drilled it out a fraction so the hose fits. It’s not a stealth one btw

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Yup. On 2015 alloy models and earlier, there is no stealth dropper routing. You can put it through the TT to keep things tidy but you will have to use a non stealth reverb.

Only on the 2016 models can you route it internally, be it alloy or carbon.

lardman
    Free Member

ok, thanks all. Thats what i suspected.

bugger…..

daver27
    Free Member

It can be done with a LOT of effort.

have a word with Andybobbill

lardman
    Free Member

a LOT of effort

Thanks, but i’m out. 😉
    I have ordered a ‘non stealth’ version, as effort and me are not best mates.

Tracey

We had a go, was told it was doable and gave up so on two Stumpjumpers and a Camber its inside the top tube and back out above the shock with external Command posts. The internal routing on the Enduros was easy.

daver27
    Free Member

you basically have to take the fork and BB out, route it in the top tube, fish it back out through the head tube/toptube junction, then thread it down the down tube, out into the BB shell and up the seat tube.

worth doing if the reverb was utterly reliable. which it really isn’t!

br
    Free Member

you basically have to take the fork and BB out, route it in the top tube, fish it back out through the head tube/toptube junction, then thread it down the down tube, out into the BB shell and up the seat tube.

worth doing if the reverb was utterly reliable. which it really isn’t!

Pretty much what I had to do with my Cube. Then bled it and fine since installed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘stealth dropper post routing on 2015 Stumpy? anyone?’ is closed to new replies.