Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Stealing a bike
  • Dales_rider
    Free Member

I’m thinking about it, not all the time just when I feel like it as I think I might enjoy it. Nothing too expensive or too cheap.
    What do you think, any tips ?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Act naturally while having it away.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Sound advice, ride it or walk it away ?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    toys19
    Free Member

As long as you don’t ride it like you stole it then no one will notice.

ton

take big bolt crops too. authentic like.

johndoh
    Free Member

If it’s got one of these on they are so simple to unlock. Lost count of how many times I did it as a kid (used to ‘pick’ them, take the cam pin off and swap the order of the barrels around then lock the bikes back up too)

SUCH FUN!

ohnohesback
    Free Member

A BIC pen barrel will unlock some of the circular keyways in a U-lock.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Broad Street in Reading. Looks like it’s covered in a million CCTV cameras, but in fact they are all pointing in the wrong direction, for the entire 6 hour theft window, according to Vickey from Thames Valley Police. I’d go there if I were you…..

jon1973
    Free Member

If you whistle while you steal it, people will just assume you’re a window cleaner.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

fourbanger – Member

I’m thinking more up North, maybe 1/2 way around a trail centre, obviously I wouldnt do it on a family trail or in front of children so should be OK ?

wordnumb
    Free Member

Real men steal submarines or spaceships, not bicycles. Raise your game.

passtherizla
    Free Member

just nonchalantly wait at the trail centre car park until someone leaves one unattended, make sure you have a mate parked round the corner out of sight with a van… oh wait that didn’t work did it.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypf2paN1acY[/video]

wwaswas

Real men steal submarines or spaceships, not bicycles

I think bicycle thefts are just an entry level mode of transport. You get hooked on Bicycles and then suddenly you’re doing a Motorbike on a Saturday night ‘cos it’s under control’.

Before you know it you’re halfway across the channel on the bridge of HMS Ark Royal wondering how it came to this.

DezB
    Free Member

A BIC pen barrel will unlock some of the circular keyways in a U-lock.

I’m guessing you haven’t actually tried that…

bencooper
    Free Member

Before you know it you’re halfway across the channel on the bridge of HMS Ark Royal wondering how it came to this.

…or stealing a tank and trying to invade Paris.

tmb467
    Free Member

Have you got a black and white striped jumper?

Think you’d be restricted to Bromptons to fit in a swag bag tho

wordnumb
    Free Member

Real men steal hearts and intellectual property. Raise your game.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

wordnumb – Member

Real men steal hearts and intellectual property. Raise your game.

No its serious stuff your talking about there, bikes will be fine no great harm done and I’m only enjoying myself

Milkie
    Free Member

You may not need any tips depending on which town/city..
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGttmR2DTY8[/video]

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Seems as if I do it without making a lot of noise I’ll get away with breaking the law !

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

What you need is 2 or 3 mates to watch over you as you apparently “rescue” your chosen bike. Stand about and discuss how best to get past the lock – the one you have “lost” the key to. No one will interfere unless its the bike owner!

wwaswas

I sawed through the u-lock on my wifes bike in the middle of Brighton on a busy Saturday lunchtime and no one batted an eyelid.

A couple of people did look round when I said ‘Now scarper!’ once I’d got through it.

Northwind

My brother used an excellent tesco cable lock. When he lost they key, the security guards in his office cut it loose for him using a pair of kitchen scissors. If I were to steal a bike, I’d look for one of the many nice bikes that are “locked” with something similiarly crap, it’s faster than undoing the lock.

yunki
    Free Member

One for the connoisseurs now:

Firstly, pick the make and model of the bike that you’d like to steal and then start a few ‘show us your…’ threads on STW

Pick a potential target and gather a pile of info from the users posting history, try to do some trading with the target through the classifieds if you can – this should easily enable you to get a home address..

After that, the details are up to you.. 😀

grum
    Free Member

I’m thinking more up North, maybe 1/2 way around a trail centre, obviously I wouldnt do it on a family trail or in front of children so should be OK ?

Um…. you are trying to make the point that smoking a spliff is the same as stealing bikes?

yunki – next stage in the plan would be to keep an eye on threads like the ski and snowboard one to find out when they are going on holiday. 😐

Dales_rider
    Free Member

grum – Member

Um…. you are trying to make the point that smoking a spliff is the same as stealing bikes?

Good point is smoking a spliff against the law ? or maybe the person you bought the “Gear” from was a nice upstanding member of society, what about the mister “Bigs” of the trade are they just importers ?

So what laws can we be selective about ?

jon1973
    Free Member

I refuse to obey the law of gravity.

wwaswas

I refuse to obey the law of gravity.

I fought that law. The law won.

jon1973
    Free Member

When I stopped obeying the law of gravity I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

grum
    Free Member

Good point is smoking a spliff against the law ?

Yes, is everything that’s against the law the same as everything else that’s against the law?

or maybe the person you bought the “Gear” from was a nice upstanding member of society, what about the mister “Bigs” of the trade are they just importers ?

It wasn’t mine, and it was ages ago, but I think it was homegrown. Have you checked out the ethical implications of everything you purchase? Do you own a mobile phone for instance?

http://m.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/aug/14/conflict-minerals-finance-gang-rape

I guess you’re directly contributing to mass rape if you do.

Daft ones where breaking them doesn’t harm anyone else? So not at all like stealing a bike – it’s really not a good analogy.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Real men steal the art of stealing from thieves so that they learn how it feels to lose something they care about and are no longer able to steal. Raise your game.

5thElefant
    Free Member

…or stealing a tank and trying to invade Paris.

Motorbike and sidecar should be adequate.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Stealing a bike’ is closed to new replies.