Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Steak, mmmmmmmm…
  • psychle
    Free Member

Surely there are few things better than a juicy medium rare sirloin washed down with a cold bottle of beer, no greenery to get in the way, just tasty tasty moo-cow, hot off the griddle with a dash of cracked pepper… ahhhh me, that was a tasty dinner…

buuuuuuurp…

'scuse me 😳

psychle
    Free Member

and to think… I was once a vegetarian!

forge197
    Free Member

I had a fantastic Steak and Guiness Pie at a restaurant last night 😛 But agree can't beat a nice bit of steak.

MrNutt
    Free Member

a nice inch thick slab of ribeye, triple cooked chips and garlic & parsley butter mmmmmmmmm

djglover
    Free Member

Cold bottle of beer?? No sophistication at all

psychle
    Free Member

a bottle of Beer Lao in fact… brings back nice memories it does 🙂

stompy

Fillet all the way…… I'd rather see that on my plate everyday then my lady in my bed every night….maybe 😕

ianpinder
    Free Member

just had nice rare sirlion steak today for dinner, some nice chips from the chippy and some baked beans. yum

mogrim

The restaurant down the road from me does the best steak, end of. Hot on the outside, still bleeding in the middle, served with "patatas a lo pobre", some of these:

And to think I was vegetarian once, too 🙂

Smudger666

B'stards, am drooling now. gonna have to get a nice pice of Aberdeen Angusfillet for tomoorow tea.

bugger of it is, the kids are now at an age where they enjoy (and can appreciate) it as well – bloody 'spensive dinner. Luckily the wife is a veggie – nut cutlet are relatively cheap 😆

psychle
    Free Member

those potatoes look good…

Kuco

mmmmmmmmmm steak 🙂 I do like a nice bit of dead cow.

spacemonkey

Filet mignon for me. Especially with some funky dauphinoise.

If only I could afford such extravagance on a regular basis …

Stu_N

Well Hung And Tender ribeye done a touch beyond blue, DIY bearnaise sauce, skinny chips with home made dijonaisse, rocket salad and a bottle of D'Arenberg Laughing Magpie. Is there a better 20 minute dinner?

smiffy

I grow my own.

AndyP
    Free Member

medium rare sirloin
    medium rare? how to ruin a good steak. Just shave it and put it in a warm room for a few seconds. Serve with a bastardly powerful Margaux.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

hehe steak is WELL cheap here. Bought a huge slab, salt and peppered and whacked on the BBQ. Cost me all of about 3 quid. Medium rare with some wholegrain mustard. No space on the plate for anything else but a few mushrooms.

GrahamS

Fat Elvis: you're a 'burgher (according to your profile), get down to the Xmas markets: Well Hung & Tender have a stall there: yum!

naokfreek
    Free Member

Mondays are steak night at ours, sirloin, salt and lots of pepper, pan fry in ground nut oil for 1min 30 secs each side for an inch thick, on turning add some president butter, good chips, rocket salad and a mustard mayo dipp for the chips.

A good bottle of red….done.

Love it to the point that i've had 5 steaks in one week.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Steak, mmmmmmmm…’ is closed to new replies.