Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Steak fans – your peppercorn sauce recipes please…
  • andywarner
    Free Member

One large glass of red wine into the pan that you fried the steaks in. Throw in a big handful of peppercorns and a good grind of salt. Reduce. Half a dozen finely chopped garlic cloves. After a minute or so chuck in a pot of double cream and in 2 or 3 minutes… voila! So good yet so incredibly baaaaaaaaaad for you…….

the_lecht_rocks

just had a real bloody one in pcorn sauce.
    big glass of merlot too 😀
    life's good !

tails
    Free Member

Don't ruin a steak with peppercorn sauce. 😯

joolsburger
    Free Member

Bernaise is better!

mrvear
    Free Member

If you get a good steak, I mean a propper steak with a nice bit of fat running through it then you don't need any sauce. Rump steak of the end of the bone is nice, they are small but lovely, much nicer than the big ones from the top of the bone.

Coyote
    Free Member

What tails said. Good steak doesn't need sauce.

andywarner
    Free Member

tails and mrvear i totally understand your sentiments. But I love a good sauce – the trick is not to put it on the steak but have it in a jug on the side. And you can't beat dipping your chips in a good red wine peppercorn sauce – i feel it compliments the very rare ribeye sat alongside it.

Rochey
    Free Member

Nice, thnaks i'll do that next weekend.

Cheers very much.

fubar
    Free Member

isn't your steak cold by the time you've finished that lot?

andywarner
    Free Member

it has 30 second each side in a red hot pan then sits in a medium oven while everything else is getting done. beautiful!

AndyP
    Free Member

Don't ruin a steak with peppercorn sauce.

or any sauce. The only sauce a steak needs is its own blood.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Steak fans – your peppercorn sauce recipes please…’ is closed to new replies.