Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Std or Turbo Gravity Dropper post?
  • cheers_drive

The Gravity Dropper website is possibly shonkier than the look of the post inself and I can’t find any information of the difference between a standard and a turbo post. Can anyone enlighten me?

mk1fan
    Free Member

Taken from the homepage of the Gravity Drooper site;

Turbo post now available!!!

-Operatated from the handlebar

-40 grams lighter

-extremely fast

-no need to tap seat to raise from the Down to Up position

4″ drop posts only available in

Black colored boot.

If you’re still bewildered then give Freeborn in Horsham a ring.

cheers_drive

Good point, I was so offended by the website I didn’t scroll down that far 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cheers_drive

Doesn’t sound like the turbo is worth the extra over the std to me

STATO
    Free Member

standard uses a clever arangement of magnets (not a joke!) to release the seat post, meaning to get it to come back up you need to give it a ‘tap’ with your arse first.

turbo is instant, when you press the lever the seat releases, not ideal if your hovering over the saddle and press it accidentally (crotch punch, ouch!) but obviously it does mean you can get the saddle back up without having to lower yourself right down to ‘tap’ the saddle and then stand back up again.

Which you choose is really down to how likely you are to need the saddle up in a hurry (choose turbo) or how worried you are about getting a saddle in the nuts (choose standard)

cheers_drive

Std then, I think for most riding I will just drop 1″ for downhill singletrack which I want to flow in and out of and just use the full extension for steep techy stuff which don’t happen so often anyway.

psychle
    Free Member

Saddle in the nuts doesn’t sound like fun 😯 ! Go with the standard, you soon get used to doing the little ‘tap’ of the saddle to put your saddle up, I don’t find it a problem or hassle… it’s still miles quicker than stopping and undiong your QR 😀

mk1fan
    Free Member

Good point, I was so offended by the website I didn’t scroll down that far

I only perservered with the site because a GD was the only one that came in the right size. I got a Desceder in the end so I can easily swap between bikes.

Incidentally, all you need to do to add another stop is drill a hole in the sliding shaft. Very easy.

thepodge
    Free Member

buy a normal one and some beer

Gordymac
    Free Member

Two reasons i went for the classic, one it is cheaper and two it has better cable routing imo. You will get used to the bum tap after a few rides then you will never look back. I got the 1/3″ drop thinking along the same lines that you are and it is fantastic, what a difference it makes to your riding and descending 😉

Gordymac

MrAgreeable

Is this for the super-gnarly scaffolding ramp at the Bristol Bike Fest? 😉

cheers_drive

Is this for the super-gnarly scaffolding ramp at the Bristol Bike Fest?

Yep I’m worried about slipping off the down slope so I’m going to ride really fast across the top and drop off 😈

Or it’s because being tall I noticed that dropping my saddle on singletrack and descents masively improves things (not so much on the flattish pedally Bristol trails)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Std or Turbo Gravity Dropper post?’ is closed to new replies.