Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Staying nr CyB – Glyn-yr-Aur
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

We're staying at Glyn-yr-Aur in a few weeks time and was wondering if anyone had stayed here and used any of the BWs (or footpaths 😉 ) to link the house with the trails? OK, yes I could look at the map (which I've done) but don't want to risk trying a trail only for it to be a boggy mess – I'd rather roll the half mile down the road onto the 'proper' trails…

Dave

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I've stayed up there before! Nice spot. You can indeed head down the lane and pick up the trails half way through the Adams Family section. It's a forest track/fireroad basically. Not sure if there's much else to link to the trails to be honest!

Be prepared for snow…! Had a lot of fun driving out of there back down to the centre a couple of years ago! My inner rally driver took over…! 8)

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

On the map theres a BW from the house that looks to link onto the top of that big fire-road descent into the top of the Adams Family sections. Anyone know anything about that?

Captain – whats the road like from the house to the Adams Family? Up/down/along?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It's gentle down/along to the junction with the Adams Family bit. Not too taxing at all!

Don't make the mistake we did and think it would be a good idea, at the end of the day's riding, to ride up the road from the cafe (at the bottom of Hermon, in the garden!). Looks like a nice easy ride, but with tired legs it was a killer!

I see what you mean about that bridleway, but as that would just link you on to the (rather dull) fireroad section, I'd just go down the track, SSW, towards the Adams Family. We tend to miss out the fireroad bit these days and just shortcut up the road after the cafe, and a good filling of barra brith, of course!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Staying nr CyB – Glyn-yr-Aur’ is closed to new replies.