Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Stay safe out there folks.
  • takisawa2

Found out that a mate at work was knocked off his bike the weekend before last. Airlifted to hospital but it’s not looking good. Broken neck, back, couple of bleeds on the brain. Been in a coma since. Was hoping against hope that he’d pull through, but it’s not looking good. Not sure of the exact circumstances, heard various reports, but total news blackout on it locally suggests the theory that it was a hit & run might be true, & maybe there’s some investigation going on.

Really struggling to make any sense of it. I’d only spoken with him the day before. He was into his old steel bikes, Dawes in particular, & he had restored a couple. He’d always find time to stop for a natter about bikes. I’d give anything for him to pop in again, bless him. Genuinely nice guy, a big one on safety, always in his hi viz. Not one to get into a fight either, he just loved being out on his bike. Fit as a fiddle. Used to joke with him about what it would be like to just take off & ride round the world.
    Part of me knows he’s not coming back, but just can’t make sense of it. Such a tragic, tragic waste.
    You never know what’s round the corner.
    Stay safe out there.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately staying safe is only half of the battle.

matt_outandabout

Sorry for your mate and you. 🙁

We had an awful phone call last week – a friend for a good few years (she was my apprentice at work, I then employed her soon-to-be husband) was killed in a car accident on the way home from work. Leaves a broken husband, 18month old and 4 year old. 😥

Life sucks sometimes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Stay safe out there folks.’ is closed to new replies.